Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Not sure if this has been mentioned
But with the Etihad being used by the NHS, would City be able to restart the season until the entire stadium has been deep cleaned after the NHS are done and the NHS need it for how many months?

This was my immediate thought, however it seems it will be only used for training purposes, not that this is without risks.

Fuck me I'm screenshotting this post, like doesn't justify it.
Absolutely nailed everything about us and the press there beautifully.
Like like like like like like like like like like.

It was very good wasn't it ? I think it will be a nice touch from the fans if we all wear yellow ribbons for Pep when the football starts again.

Last edited:
This virus is going to have more of an effect on certain owners and teams because of their businesses and the amount of season tickets they sell...We sell 45,000 out of 55,000, hence our commercial income from match day is less than say LiVARpool who sell 26,000 out of 54,000. This will equate to a massive drop in their income as, say at least 20,000 per game are happy clapping tourists, they will probably fork out over a hundred quid on ticket, food, programme, shirt, scarf etc. whereas the 26,000 will have maybe a one major purchase a season on the above. Same for us with the 45,000, but we can afford to ride out the storm whereas others won’t be able to...empty malls won’t be helping either...

I wouldn't rule out as a last resort the season being completed in a single day, it could all be televised and at least it would be a way of offering a method where skill is involved rather than just voiding the season, it would also allow relegation and promotion to continue.

How?

If it became clear that the season could not be finished then what would stop them having penalty shoot outs rather than full games to decide the results?

In theory you could get every club to send a squad of 11 players to a set location ( our campus would make sense ), have every player take a penalty rather than the usual 5 penalties. Each match could be played out in this agreed format.

This was my immediate thought, however it seems it will be only used for training purposes, not that this is without risks.

that’s what they say now but it’s nearness to the super hospital they are creating is no coincidence.

How does affect players contracts? If the season restarts & goes beyond July 1st, would we be allowed to play Silva without re-registering him? Would free transfers be allowed to play the remainder of the matches, for their new clubs?
For all we know we may have seen sergios last game for us never mind David’s!

I wouldn't rule out as a last resort the season being completed in a single day, it could all be televised and at least it would be a way of offering a method where skill is involved rather than just voiding the season, it would also allow relegation and promotion to continue.

How?

If it became clear that the season could not be finished then what would stop them having penalty shoot outs rather than full games to decide the results?

In theory you could get every club to send a squad of 11 players to a set location ( our campus would make sense ), have every player take a penalty rather than the usual 5 penalties. Each match could be played out in this agreed format.
Might as well play Stone, Paper, Scissors to get a result. Just as random as a penalty shoot - out.
Both participants can, of course, be at a safe social distance from their opponent to avoid the risk of infection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.