Flight cancellations/changes due to Covid19

Was due to pay £300 to TUI yesterday with a further £300 in I think May on top of my £100 deposit.

I've done nothing, I can cope with losing my deposit but I'm not putting another £300/£600 in the pot as I doubt the world would be in a fit state come October to be flying on holiday that's even if TUI is still in business.

In a pickle with this too. Got a family holiday on 11th August that needs to be paid off by 19th May. In two minds about what to do.

If we cancel before 19th May we’ll lose the deposit. If we pay and they cancel at some point, we’ll get the full money back. But then the wife is questioning whether it’d be wise to travel anyway.

KLM are trying it on mate.
Under UK law if the foreign office advises against travel you have an absolute right to cancel and get a refund.
This link to the FO site has a header clearly saying All international travel is not advised currently.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands
Cheers mate
We've said they are trying it on they think by not responding they will get away with not having to refund, the thing was they were quick to tell him the flight was on schedule, and still flying,
I understand that they will be unindated with requsts But if you can't get hold of anyone how do you start a claim,

The way my email is worded is that the voucher will be from the airline, and not the travel booking company, and luckily I can't see Abu Dhabi letting their national airline go bust, I'd rather the money back obviously, but I might be willing to take a voucher, but I'm waiting until its obviously been cancelled before making a decision, as all UAE flights apart from cargo are now grounded.
I was looking forward to the holiday when I booked it. But with all this going on it has made me lose interest in the holiday. I would rather have the money back now.
I will wait and see what happens.

In a pickle with this too. Got a family holiday on 11th August that needs to be paid off by 19th May. In two minds about what to do.

If we cancel before 19th May we’ll lose the deposit. If we pay and they cancel at some point, we’ll get the full money back. But then the wife is questioning whether it’d be wise to travel anyway.

We are in the same boat. Going off what the Medical officer said today, I can’t see anyone going on holiday in August but I can see the travel companies trying it on as they are desperate for cash. There is a danger that if the final balance is paid, you will get a credit note in return without knowing if or when you will be able to spend it as I can see some companies going under and a lot of next years holidays will get booked up.

If you have travel insurance you’ll also be covered.
Easyjet are also being cunts about this.
I had a flight to Venice on March 22nd. As soon as the govt advised against travel Easyjet gave you the facility to get a refund through their app. I got a refund. Since the crisis deepened they have removed the facility and are only offering a change of flight. Customers who do get through on the phone are only being offered vouchers.
I had an Easy jet flight to Basel booked for 19th March, return on the 22nd.
The flight was officially cancelled the day before , 18th, and when informing me they asked if I wanted to re book for a later date or a refund
I asked for the refund and as of today I've still had nothing

Last edited:
If they cancel the flight you are entitled to a refund.
However the airlines are shitting themselves. Some will go bust. As a consequence they are making it as hard as possible to get your refund.
Until they actually cancel you are relying on their goodwill.
I wouldn’t accept a voucher. Look at the number of companies gone bust over the last two years leaving customers with worthless vouchers.
So are you saying that even if I’m offered a voucher I can refuse it and demand a refund?
EasyJet have cancelled my flight next week. I booked direct with them.

I am saying exactly that.
They are required to offer a refund.
The problem is making them do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.