Flight cancellations/changes due to Covid19

Cheers mate
We've said they are trying it on they think by not responding they will get away with not having to refund, the thing was they were quick to tell him the flight was on schedule, and still flying,
I understand that they will be unindated with requsts But if you can't get hold of anyone how do you start a claim,

that’s the problem.

Once the flight is cancelled you will entitled to a full refund but not before.
How far in advance do they normally cancel flights?

We were due to fly out to Alicante next Sunday with Ryanair, we cancelled the holiday earlier this month as we had only paid for flights and the rest of the holiday was due to be paid. We were told if the flight was cancelled we would get a credit note for the cost of the flights. At the time it seemed obvious that they were going into lock down and there was no way we would ever get there.

In hindsight we may have been better just changing the date but what is done is done.

Last edited:
As long as you cancelled after the govt advised against travel to Spain you are covered by law and are entitled to a refund. Ryanair are actually getting good press for paying up.

As long as you cancelled after the govt advised against travel to Spain you are covered by law and are entitled to a refund. Ryanair are actually getting good press for paying up.

We had the communication from On the Beach and cancelled on the strength of that, they were clear that we could get the credit voucher if the flight was cancelled or the boarders shut. I have checked on Ryanair's website and there are no flights from Manchester to Alicante for April, as such i am assuming they have been cancelled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.