Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Just read that Norwich, Newcastle and Spurs have all applied to claim the government led incentive to pay 80% of staff wages. Some of the behind the scenes staff I can understand, but even for their players apparently too.

If true, that's shocking and they'd have my vote for automatic relegation on that basis alone.

Just read that Norwich, Newcastle and Spurs have all applied to claim the government led incentive to pay 80% of staff wages. Some of the behind the scenes staff I can understand, but even for their players apparently too.

If true, that's shocking and they'd have my vote for automatic relegation on that basis alone.

It's not like we needed much more evidence, but Mike Ashley has really shown himself up for the **** he is in the past few weeks.

From Dan Moan at the BeeB.....

‘This has the potential to turn into one of the gravest PR disasters in the Premier League's history’.

I will be finished with the PL and top flight football if this isn’t sorted out quickly. The fucking audacity of these twats to furlough staff who earn low salaries just because they can and because someone else is picking up the tab...us, the tax payer.

These fuckers have no morals whatsoever.

haven’t Spurs as well?

The more I read each day about football clubs and the Premier league, the more I'm edging my way to saying fuck it and just turn my back on it all.
They'll paid someone half a million a week to do fuck all, but fuck off the ones on minimum wage that need it more than ever.

I suppose it's not the players' faults they earn tens of thousands a week, and they're under no obligation to give that up. But given the hardship many of the staff at their clubs face, and the fact that players have enough money to retire in their 20s if they wanted, it'd be nice to think these lads would get together and decide to help out the people who clean their dressing rooms and kit, mow the pitch, cook their meals, etc.

Have any of them done it? Would any top player really miss a few months' salary, or say 80% of it to help out their club? I bet two or three top earners at each team could pay the non-playing staffs' wages for months.

The more I read each day about football clubs and the Premier league, the more I'm edging my way to saying fuck it and just turn my back on it all.
They'll paid someone half a million a week to do fuck all, but fuck off the ones on minimum wage that need it more than ever.

I hope other people feel the same. They have gone from “clubs” to money making machines. Taking the piss out of a government scheme when you have as much money coming in as the likes of Spurs is a joke and a bad one at that. I hope Spurs fans are reacting accordingly too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.