Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JimB

You’ll defend Spurs like we’ll defend City mate and I don’t blame you for that. I don’t mind Spurs, mostly as I wasn’t born in 1981 and I’m not bitter about that.

There’s nothing wrong with what Spurs have done generally speaking, hell I know what it’s like to have your club attacked for ridiculous things.

I would just say, and I’m sure you’ll agree, I expect all PL players to take a pay cut here and give back to staff and the people that feed them, ie the fans.

Some figures in football have donated to COVID-19 research, such as Pep €1m, De Gea £300k and I don’t think it’s too much to ask that each club’s players pay for the rest of the staff.

It’s not an anti Spurs thing, it took City far too long to agree to pay temporary staff. Football is fucking greedy these days and we’d all benefit if the cesspit had a big shake up.

@JimB

You’ll defend Spurs like we’ll defend City mate and I don’t blame you for that. I don’t mind Spurs, mostly as I wasn’t born in 1981 and I’m not bitter about that.

There’s nothing wrong with what Spurs have done generally speaking, hell I know what it’s like to have your club attacked for ridiculous things.

I would just say, and I’m sure you’ll agree, I expect all PL players to take a pay cut here and give back to staff and the people that feed them, ie the fans.

Some figures in football have donated to COVID-19 research, such as Pep €1m, De Gea £300k and I don’t think it’s too much to ask that each club’s players pay for the rest of the staff.

It’s not an anti Spurs thing, it took City far too long to agree to pay temporary staff. Football is fucking greedy these days and we’d all benefit if the cesspit had a big shake up.

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure that there will be an agreement with players sooner or later. Even the PFA must realise that it will reflect very badly on them and their members if they fail to take a significant pay cut. It would be nice to think that agents won't put a spanner in the works (because they would consequently see their income cut too) but I wouldn't put it past them not to give a shit.

I was right, though, wasn't I? That post of yours could have come from Levy himself. Talk about saccharine.

Not saccharine, no.

Just the other point of view. And one that is more informed than most, I hope.

It's so easy to read sensationalist articles with shit stirring, deliberately misleading headlines and give no thought to the actual complexities of the subject matter. I'm not saying that Spurs' decision and action was necessarily correct. I'm just saying that it isn't nearly as black and white as so many are making it out to be.

Sadly, we live in a social media world where people are ready to work themselves into a frothing rage at the drop of the hat without either facts or understanding to back them up. Twitter is poison. I won't go near it.

By the way, Bournemouth are the latest club to have announced that they are furloughing non playing staff.

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure that there will be an agreement with players sooner or later. Even the PFA must realise that it will reflect very badly on them and their members if they fail to take a significant pay cut. It would be nice to think that agents won't put a spanner in the works (because they would consequently see their income cut too) but I wouldn't put it past them not to give a shit.

I can’t speak for you mate but the majority of us, who are into football, are working class and disenfranchised with the greed in the game anyway.

All I want to do is pay a modest amount, see a fair game of 22 men kick a ball about and an impartial ref, which is seemingly too much to fucking ask for in 2020.

We’re in a crisis that will badly affect all British people and at this point I cannot be arsed with football banter or disagreements. I don’t even care if Liverpool are given the league. I just want society back to normal and people safe.

And it fucks me off people like Richard Branson, with multi billions, asking the British taxpayer, Britain a country he avoids paying tax in, to bail out his airline, whilst he owns a fucking island and has personal wealth of over £4bn. Bail it out yourself you long haired ****.

That’s why I’m adding PL footballers to the list too.

If anything I don’t blame Spurs and Levy, they’ve invested enough in the stadium, I blame players on £75K+ a week not willing to take even a small pay cut to ensure the people who clean their boots, carry their kit, drive them, make them food etc. don’t have to lose 20% of their relatively tiny wages.

“We’re all in this together” - are we bollocks.

I have a much more privileged background. I'm very aware of how lucky I have been and I hope that I will never take it for granted or be anything other than grateful. But I too pine for the days when football was simpler and more innocent; when any number of teams could realistically challenge for silverware; when supporters really supported; and when the entire population, it seemed, stopped to watch the all day build up to the FA Cup final on TV - no matter who was playing.

Wishful thinking, I know, but it would be wonderful if, in at least some small way, we could recover a sense of what is really important in sport as well as in other spheres of our lives once this virus is beaten.

I have a much more privileged background. I'm very aware of how lucky I have been and I hope that I will never take it for granted or be anything other than grateful. But I too pine for the days when football was simpler and more innocent; when any number of teams could realistically challenge for silverware; when supporters really supported; and when the entire population, it seemed, stopped to watch the all day build up to the FA Cup final on TV - no matter who was playing.

Wishful thinking, I know, but it would be wonderful if, in at least some small way, we could recover a sense of what is really important in sport as well as in other spheres of our lives once this virus is beaten.

Fair enough mate and I totally agree.

Don’t get me wrong it’s not poor me, I do very well for myself at my age but I come from a working class family and have that outlook still.

I see football as being “our” game, not the fucking authorities or agents or prawn sandwich eaters or even the players. Football is for the people in the stands every week, who go no matter what because it’s their team.

And it’s time those that are in such a privileged position because of nothing fucking more than our, yours and mine and every other fan’s, audience and willingness to watch, give something back especially at a time like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.