Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would indeed be fucking grim and inexcusable if there was a grain of truth in it. But, alas, for Vienna_70, it's a load of Private Eye bollocks.

Spurs have donated the stadium for free. They have met all their own costs and shouldered significant other costs. The costs cited in the article were actually for services (deep cleaning and extra security) requested by the council and charged by third parties. Fuck all to do with Spurs. And, by the way, Spurs also gave over another part of the stadium to a local hospital to host a maternity unit. Also for free. Also covering all their own costs while shouldering further costs.

Private Eye, which is a sorry imitation of what it once used to be, will quite likely find themselves having to pay out a hefty sum in compensation for such rank amateur, libellous reporting.
Not a good headline then, welcome to our world of half/quarter/complete lies.

I will say though I'd have expected Spurs to pick up third party expenses for something like this as well but can understand why they didn't.

It would indeed be fucking grim and inexcusable if there was a grain of truth in it. But, alas, for Vienna_70, it's a load of Private Eye bollocks.

Spurs have donated the stadium for free. They have met all their own costs and shouldered significant other costs. The costs cited in the article were actually for services (deep cleaning and extra security) requested by the council and charged by third parties. Fuck all to do with Spurs. And, by the way, Spurs also gave over another part of the stadium to a local hospital to host a maternity unit. Also for free. Also covering all their own costs while shouldering further costs.

Private Eye, which is a sorry imitation of what it once used to be, will quite likely find themselves having to pay out a hefty sum in compensation for such rank amateur, libellous reporting.

Fair dos Jim that’s why I asked as you normally have the inside track

PE is still good.
I didn’t think the Spurs paragraph was particularly irksome.
City advertising for ... can’t remember exactly... some sort of officer for LBTQ+ to help within the club was mentioned the previous issue, with a nod to the fact that UAE isn’t that tolerant, and maybe said officer would influence the owner...
Wigan’s finances (iirc) also appeared ‘in the city’ - finance section in recent issue.

id say PE could easily do a whole pullout on the shenanigans of UEFA and the ‘G14’ , they mention it every so often over the years, but it’s never an in-depth takedown - probably because it’s just football.

I think someone on BM has attempted to send them info about City, re: UEFA, CAS etc, but I don’t think they’ve used/followed up.

Shame really. Many scandals have appeared in PE, and only explode into the world years later - Andrew, maxwell, teenager in THAT pic, I remember seeing many many years ago.

PE also prints Vociferous negative comments sent to it, which is pretty much the only media I know that does. Which is a good thing imho

Has anyone seen the clips to their “all or nothing” documentary? There’s one particular clip of Mourinho in the dressing room after a win saying if your celebrate really loud I’ll give you an extra day off.
Does anyone know If this was against us?

Has anyone seen the clips to their “all or nothing” documentary? There’s one particular clip of Mourinho in the dressing room after a win saying if your celebrate really loud I’ll give you an extra day off.
Does anyone know If this was against us?
Good spot, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.