Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

As a mod I get to see the posts that you had that weren’t approved Bobby.

imho I don’t believe you are a Spurs fan.
I could be completely wrong, but I don’t believe I am. Your incessant defending of the loveable scousers and your daily pleas to award them a trophy they haven’t earned doesn’t go unnoticed, neither has your lack of similar concern for your ‘own’ club. Even though you may have difficulty from afar.

Other than that I don’t wish to waste any more of my own time on you or your game.

No problem, I'll refer to them as dippers in every post from now on to curry favour with the masses. And feel free to post any posts that weren't approved, I'm not aware of a single one. If are there any post them and I'll happy leave your forum.

I game left then playoffs. I’m not sure awarding teams on things they *might* do is a good idea but at least they’ve made a decision and can now concentrate on the nitty gritty I.e paying staff, ensuring clubs survive etc

Think they were 15 points clear so uncatchable. Shame Liverpool can still be caught though

The only serious moral question I have for myself right now is if the boot was on the other foot, and I was a Liverpool fan, would I be wanting the league to be called off as much as I do as a city fan. I can't answer that, but I truly hope I would.
Some people feel we were in with the best shout ever to win the CL.
Personally I still believe we would have been done out of it one way or another, but I see the point.
Thing is I couldn't care less. Football is over. If it goes ahead despite all that's going on, as others have said, I'm done with it.

Football will not be allowed to continue unless the government gives the all clear. I for one cannot see that happening before the end of May at the earliest. Death rates and those falling ill with this virus are continuing to rise every day. So where the bosses of all the football organisations can think about starting early May is beyond me. Do these bosses known something that we all do not known.

While I find the idea of paying the players full salary and furloughing non-playing staff unpalatable, I wonder if this is actually better for HMRC in tax revenue than the alternative of clubs paying non playing staff and the players taking a corresponding pay cut?

That said, at least at PL level the clubs should be able to cover all the wages themselves!!!

This still rumbles on. Ridiculous.

The country will not be in a position to hold such events like premier league football any time soon. At the absolute best I would say August and that is pushing it.

Even when this finally dies down I would have thought that most sane people wont have an interest in the game for a few weeks at least. From a fans point of view other than the obvious fans will not have much interest in completing this season, loads playing for nothing. Scrap the fucking thing and have done with it. Let the silly ****s from Liverpool "look after" the trophy for a year.

Think they were 15 points clear so uncatchable. Shame Liverpool can still be caught though

The top few in Belgium all go into a playoff so it doesn’t really matter how many points clear they were. That’s how I understand it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.