RIP Eddie Large

R.I.P. Eddie

Sad news.

As well as him being a big City fan (in every sense) it's another little bit of my childhood gone as I used to watch The Little and Large Show on a Saturday night with my Gran.

Again, R.I.P

Remember seeing him outside Maine Road as a kid in the 80's and asking for his autograph on my programme which he happily did. I was starstruck as The Little And Large show was one of the biggest TV shows at the time.

Just looked it up and they used to get around 15M viewers per week in the 80's

R.I.P Eddie

Good morning all

I am Eddie's son Ryan and it means a lot to see such nice things written about dad. He absolutely loved the club and passed his love of the club onto me. He sometimes posted on here under the name gordoeddie.

Sadly in dad's later life we didnt get to visit the Etihad but he watched every game on a stream in his laptop. My mum used to worry that watching City would stress his heart out too much as he was so "passionate".

His favourite all time player was Tommy Johnson.

Dad was still friends with people at the club to this day, Brian Kidd and Mike Summerbee both called me to pass on their condolences.

Over the years dads best mate at the club was our former physio Roy Bailey and they spoke everyday. Dad also recently had dinner with Kevin Keegan on the night we beat Madrid and their wives had to sit and chat whilst kevin got the game up on his phone at the dinner table.

I know none of you will know me but the city connection meant I wanted to put something on here.

I truly love and miss my dad and know he will be looking down and watching City

Good morning all

I am Eddie's son Ryan and it means a lot to see such nice things written about dad. He absolutely loved the club and passed his love of the club onto me. He sometimes posted on here under the name gordoeddie.

Sadly in dad's later life we didnt get to visit the Etihad but he watched every game on a stream in his laptop. My mum used to worry that watching City would stress his heart out too much as he was so "passionate".

His favourite all time player was Tommy Johnson.

Dad was still friends with people at the club to this day, Brian Kidd and Mike Summerbee both called me to pass on their condolences.

Over the years dads best mate at the club was our former physio Roy Bailey and they spoke everyday. Dad also recently had dinner with Kevin Keegan on the night we beat Madrid and their wives had to sit and chat whilst kevin got the game up on his phone at the dinner table.

I know none of you will know me but the city connection meant I wanted to put something on here.

I truly love and miss my dad and know he will be looking down and watching City
My deepest sympathies to you, your mum and family x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.