COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is lives over lives.

Let's not be stupid here, economic recessions and depressions kill people. Sweden are doing absolutely fine so far, have completely transparent data, and have no problem locking down if they need to.

This out of Germany might change everything as well -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20..._source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

so you think we shouldn’t be on lock down ? And just go out and let the virus mutate even more ?

The numbers would be triple now, how on earth would our health care system cope ?

so you think we shouldn’t be on lock down ? And just go out and let the virus mutate even more ?

The numbers would be tripple now, how on earth would our health care system cope ?

Nope, I never said that at all, you've completely invented it.

What I said was that it's bullshit to say Sweden is choosing economy over lives.

People will die from the recession we have here because of this. Health services will be cut, police numbers will go down, suicide rates will go up, people will become homeless. People have studied the last global recession and found mortality rates inversely linked to GDP.

So every country has a unique dilemma of when to lock down. Sweden are coping just fine without locking down so far, they have modelled the infection just like every country has.

Last edited:
I'm still working,so I find time to spend an hour or so reading this thread.
My Mrs watches the news in the morning and turns it off when the daughter gets up as she is over thinking things and panicking a bit.
So the news is banned when I get home.
The updates yourself and other people post is keeping the likes of me and a lot of others up to speed.
Keep it up.
I can second that as I've started turning the news off in the morning when they start to show videos of random people singing to cheer us all up. Even Sky Sports News were doing it although I suppose they've got to fill the empty slots in between news about Livarpool* and the Rags.

Expectation had been growing that the monarch would make a public statement about a situation that has seen the entire country enter an unprecedented lockdown.

While the Queen regularly speaks to the nation in her Christmas Day messages, the speech about the coronavirus marks just the fourth time in history she has given an off-calendar address about current affairs.

She previously gave a televised address ahead of her mother's funeral in 2002, following the death of Diana in 1997, and during the Gulf War in 1991

Whatever you think of the royal family the queen has always done her duty,she believes very much in doing her duty,hence why she is still going at 93 and phil as her consort has only just stepped back at 96/97
Karen, she's making a speech from the comfort of her own home. Hardly going above and beyond.
I don't mind her either, she the last of what I'd class as proper royalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.