Running thread

My mojo is well and truly back. Decided to start again in January and struggled my way to 5ks.. I’m now going out and doing 20k in just over an hour & 45. Running 4 days a week

My mojo is well and truly back. Decided to start again in January and struggled my way to 5ks.. I’m now going out and doing 20k in just over an hour & 45. Running 4 days a week

Impressive that. I’ve never really run always struggled to motivate myself unless chasing a football or playing squash. I’ve done 4 in the last week of between 5/6k. My times are pretty poor and during the first I was thinking how do people motivate themselves to keep doing this. During my 3rd and 4th though I started to enjoy it a bit and get it.

Lost all my mojo.
Managing a daily run but pace has dropped massively.

Same here not having any events to train for. Gone from doing 10Ks and one long run a week to 5Ks which are a bit of a struggle even at a much slower time. Being at home all day the diet has gone to pot and my legs now feel heavy which I think is down to being more sedentary of late.

Same here not having any events to train for. Gone from doing 10Ks and one long run a week to 5Ks which are a bit of a struggle even at a much slower time. Being at home all day the diet has gone to pot and my legs now feel heavy which I think is down to being more sedentary of late.

Yeh. Think anxiety has affected me aswell. Everything going on in the world plays on my mind running

You do eat more when you’re at home all day don’t you? Well, I do anyway, the temptation to graze is hard to resist and sometimes I don’t even realise I’m doing it.

You do eat more when you’re at home all day don’t you? Well, I do anyway, the temptation to graze is hard to resist and sometimes I don’t even realise I’m doing it.

Yeah. That is all I am doing. So easy to pop in the kitchen, make a brew, grab a biscuit etc, where previously, until I got home at 6, I would probably only have a sandwich and maybe one or two of the office biscuits. Today at dinner it was chips and veggie burgers on a muffin.

I did a 5k today at a pace no different to what I was expecting to run a half marathon in (three weeks ago) and felt exhausted at the end of it.

I’ve done Heaton Park parkrun 5k route, old route and new route, 14 days running. Seeing how many I can clock up on the trot.

That is excellent. Not that my advice is worth much but I did notice significant improvements when I started to add a few longer distances (even if much slower) and adding a hill run or speed run (fartleks) here and there.

Of course all depends on what your aiming for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.