Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs are already carrying debt in excess of £600m. You think they want to add to that, even if their creditors would allow it?

The players will shortly be taking at least as big a pay cut. But it’s not something that Spurs can impose.

I haven't been keeping up with any sport as I'm working around the clock, its pretty abysmal players aren't taking a cut, not just at Spurs but across the league

I refer to my earlier post.

The clubs can no longer generate revenue. Citing historical turnover, even from the last financial year, is meaningless. Utterly meaningless. What matters is right now. And, right now, next to nothing by way of income is flowing into club coffers. Yet huge costs must still be met.

Cash flow - not turnover - that’s the critical thing. Those who don’t run their own companies need to understand that before spouting.

We have often heard from the press, Spurs supporters and others about how alevy is a financial genius. But now he cannot pay some, mainly, low paid staff for a few weeks.

Levy has not had a problem maximising how much he can extract from public funds to increase his own personal wealth. Indeed, he did this via the use of a threat.

I would think if Levy reduced his annual salary and bonus by 30%, he could cover a fair amount of the wages he is now asking tax payers to cover.

We have often heard from the press, Spurs supporters and others about how alevy is a financial genius. But now he cannot pay some, mainly, low paid staff for a few weeks.

Levy has not had a problem maximising how much he can extract from public funds to increase his own personal wealth. Indeed, he did this via the use of a threat.

I would think if Levy reduced his annual salary and bonus by 30%, he could cover a fair amount of the wages he is now asking tax payers to cover.
Exactly, we're all in this together apparently.

I think it likely that stadiums won't reopen for another year or more. In which event, I think most, if not all, other clubs will soon be furloughing staff. If that happens, then Levy will have been ahead of the curve. Not exactly "financial genius", perhaps, but further evidence that he's prepared to take tough decisions regardless of the flak he gets. It's not just, as many have said, that the likes of Levy and Ashley are ****s. It's also that they have hides thicker than rhinos. Nor, on the flip side, is it just that other chairmen will always do the decent thing. It's also that they just don't have the balls to make unpopular decisions......or at least to be the first to do so.

As to Levy's pay, it has already been cut by 20%. But I'd agree that it should be more. At least in line with the players if they do indeed accept a 30% pay cut. He might still do so. And there certainly won't be a bonus at the end of the year.

Last edited:
I think it likely that stadiums won't reopen for another year or more. In which event, I think most, if not all, other clubs will soon be furloughing staff. If that happens, then Levy will have been ahead of the curve. Not exactly "financial genius", perhaps, but further evidence that he's prepared to take tough decisions regardless of the flak he gets. It's not just, as many have said, that the likes of Levy and Ashley are ****s. It's also that they have hides thicker than rhinos. Nor, on the flip side, is it just that other chairmen will always do the decent thing. It's also that they just don't have the balls to make unpopular decisions......or at least to be the first to do so.

As to Levy's pay, it has already been cut by 20%. But I'd agree that it should be more. At least in line with the players if they do indeed accept a 30% pay cut. He might still do so. And there certainly won't be a bonus at the end of the year.
Ahh, so Levy is a brave man rather than an arsehole?

Rest easy Blues, we all got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.