COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get a click and collect shop on Saturday and it’s the only time I’ve left the house in 3 weeks. Wore a snood over my face, not really believing it was doing anything, but more just to feel better, like a comfort thing. Are you saying it does actually help? I suppose it does naff all to stop me catching it but would help stop me spreading it if I had it myself?
It will help somewhat, even in terms of protecting you. I know it's only the Daily Mail, so probably complete bollocks, but here's some info:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8050587/Coronavirus-face-masks-selling-one-buy.html

And you are right the big benefit is to everyone else. You may have the virus and not know it, and then if you are wearing a mask (or hanky or whatever) then when you cough you are not infecting others. The benefit to you is that if others are doing the same, they won't be infecting you either.

Asia has realised this for years, and it's simply staggering that the UK is so stubbornly and defiantly saying they are of no benefit when patently that is not true.

Last edited:
A good link below which shows outcome of cases in UK. Admissions, Demographic areas, sex, ethnicity etc. I won’t bore you with figures as there are several graphs, when you can just look yourself and interpret what you wish.

https://www.icnarc.org/DataServices/Attachments/Download/76a7364b-4b76-ea11-9124-00505601089b

Quite a few interesting points in there, as been mentioned elsewhere it seems the majority of patients admitted are Male and from resolved cases it’s 50/50 whether it results in death or not. Obviously small sample size currently.

This goes down to 32% chance of survival if you need advanced respiratory support :/

It will help somewhat, even in terms of protecting you. I know it's only the Daily Mail, so probably complete bollocks, but here's some info:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8050587/Coronavirus-face-masks-selling-one-buy.html

And you are right the big benefit is to everyone else. You may have the virus and not know it, and then if you are wearing a mask (or hanky or whatever) then when you cough you are not infecting others. The benefit to you is that if others are doing the same, they won't be infecting you either.

Asia has realised this for years, and it's simply staggering that the UK is so stubbornly and defiantly saying they are of no benefit when patently that is not true.

Yeah true. When it started to dawn on people that this was serious, I heard people saying so many times “I saw someone wearing a mask today and it wasn’t an Asian person”. Honestly, I heard this so much. Like it’s weird behaviour for someone without Asian roots to wear a mask during a pandemic. Instead of understanding it, we scoff at it, are ignorant about it, and will suffer for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.