UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Provide that City follow legal process, then there is no possible claim for losses, CAS rules allow for provisional and conservatory measures, if this meant we competed in ECL 20/21 because CAS haven't completed their process then that is not City's liability

R37 Provisional and Conservatory Measures

Heres the relevant chapter
When deciding whether to award preliminary relief, the President of the Division or the Panel, as the case may be, shall consider whether the relief is necessary to protect the applicant from irreparable harm, the likelihood of success on the merits of the claim, and whether the interests of the Applicant outweigh those of the Respondent(s).

Thanks for that. It certainly makes it clear that there is perhaps even more pressure on Uefa for CAS to hear our appeal sooner rather than later.

If anything, we should hope it drags out for that very reason!

Thanks for that. It certainly makes it clear that there is perhaps even more pressure on Uefa for CAS to hear our appeal sooner rather than later.

If anything, we should hope it drags out for that very reason!
Although annoying UEFA has its definite upsides I just want this done and dusted. Besides, this is an ideal moment to bury bad news.

(bad news for our competitors of course :) )

Not sure how authoritative those two "experts" (John Shea and Christopher Flanagan) are, but they didn't sound particularly confident of our chances in winning the appeal, to me at least.

What I took from reading that is that these 2 so-called experts (and they may well be) were doing their level best to debunk most of the arguments City may or may not put forward at appeal but when it came to the single most important factor - the club claiming to have irrefutable evidence that we haven't done anything wrong anyway (this assumes the club is telling the truth on that of course) - neither could give an opinion on that as they don't have a clue what that evidence is! In other words, a pointless article full of speculation.

Did either of these so called experts ever work for any of those clubs who are trying to get us kicked out of the European Comps. If they did then it would not surprise me at all.

Did either of these so called experts ever work for any of those clubs who are trying to get us kicked out of the European Comps. If they did then it would not surprise me at all.
I was led to believe that CAS mainly look at procedures and these procedures have been followed in the correct way. If this is the case surely City have a very sound argument.

The bad news, of course, being that we win, g14 lose.
Not if it results in the destruction of UEFA as the G14 would quickly fill the void with something of their creation.

We all know what that would mean! Permanent places at the top for irrelevant clubs such as Milan and United alongside their mates: Bayern, Juventus, Real Madrid et al.

The objective must be to beat UEFA without destroying them.

I believe it's been stated as infinitum that CAS can consider far more than due process. Hence continued reference to the allowance, on previous occasions, of evidence into an arbitrary hearing that no "proper court" would allow because of its provenance.

What I took from reading that is that these 2 so-called experts (and they may well be) were doing their level best to debunk most of the arguments City may or may not put forward at appeal but when it came to the single most important factor - the club claiming to have irrefutable evidence that we haven't done anything wrong anyway (this assumes the club is telling the truth on that of course) - neither could give an opinion on that as they don't have a clue what that evidence is! In other words, a pointless article full of speculation.

Exactly my take. Pretty poor article IMO. It doesnt add anything new and attempts to refute Citys supposes arguments without really knowing them. Plus as PB mentions above brings out the over stating income argument.

Not if it results in the destruction of UEFA as the G14 would quickly fill the void with something of their creation.

We all know what that would mean! Permanent places at the top for irrelevant clubs such as Milan and United alongside their mates: Bayern, Juventus, Real Madrid et al.

The objective must be to beat UEFA without destroying them.
So this is good news then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.