Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sell him already.

all the potential in the world but hasn’t got the brains to fulfill it. Seriously lacks motivation.

Remember when everyone was comparing Pogba to Yaya Toure. Now he’s 27 and doesn’t look anywhere near fulfilling his potential.

same thing with Sane. All the physical attributes to be one of the best players in the world: Pace, dribbling, killer left foot. Unfortunately he just doesn’t have the correct mentality.

A few years ago everyone had Sane miles in front of Sterling, now the opposite is true. Sterling simply worked much harder.

When it’s not Sane’s day he disappears completely, just slouches. Sterling can miss a sitter but be right back there trying again. That’s the difference.

Time to cash in.
And missing another sitter, and another,

Classic bit on the BBC website - quoting Bild (Bayern’s mouthpiece) that Sane is off to Munich - but just to get a few clicks the BBC manipulate the Bild story to say Havertz is off to Liverpool - which the Beeb know is utter bullshit but they can’t help themselves.

At £70m we're giving him away. We need to play hardball. We're not a charity shop for superpowers like Bayern.
If we can get £70m get it, playing hardball equates to sitting him in the stand and getting fuck all for him...there's a good chance everyone will be sitting in the stand for 12 months anyway....get rid, he may have not said much while he's been out but that itself is telling.

It was his decision to leave us for first team football, which is proving the right decision to make considering his progress.

Yeah, I understand that, and fair enough. I just think we should be thinking twice about such a move. If he wasn’t good enough for our first team squad what 2 years ago, then why is he now?
I have to admit I’ve not followed his matches in Germany though, so if he’s suddenly showing what he never did when he was with us then fair enough.
If the same people who weren’t putting him in our matchday squad two years ago now think he’s now what we need, then so be it. I just think it’s an open question.

This is ridiculous. Sane's almost 2 years younger than Sterling and for any inconsistency he's had, has never had a 4 month drought. He scored the winning goal against Liverpool, which ultimately won us the league. He was unplayable over 2 legs against Schalke. He scored against United to put the game to bed. Somehow he's found himself as 4th choice winger, but this is as much about him not signing the contract and not tracking back as it is his output as an attacker. He's become a scapegoat, and whilst I'll always back the manager over the player, we've handled this badly in my opinion.
I’m at a loss to think of how we could have handled this any differently to be honest, we offered him a greatly improved contract, looked after him after his injury .... etc ? To me he’s wanted to leave to go back to Germany for a considerable amount of time, whether it’s for personnel reasons or footballing I don’t know but he’s (or his management team) shown no commitment to City, it’s time to cut him loose for a fair price.

I’m at a loss to think of how we could have handled this any differently to be honest, we offered him a greatly improved contract, looked after him after his injury .... etc ? To me he’s wanted to leave to go back to Germany for a considerable amount of time, whether it’s for personnel reasons or footballing I don’t know but he’s (or his management team) shown no commitment to City, it’s time to cut him loose for a fair price.
But shouldn't we do what everyone else does and start with a ridiculously high asking price and agree to a fee we want anyway ? Bayern would be one of the last clubs I'd extend a helping hand to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.