COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove other co-morbidities and BMI is still a big factor. All the data shows fatties are at a much higher risk regardless of other factors. i can use the term fatties because I use to be one.

Now your just an ugly cu nt
I can use that term cos bmr still is

Last edited:
I don't see the logic behind loosening the restrictions (from a health POV rather than an economic one). Surely if people go back the normal, the virus will just start spreading again?
Yes but that is why test and trace is so important. If you can identity those who have it and isolate them then you gradually strangle the epidemic as Taiwan did early on and as South Korea now has done.
They had experience of SARS though and clearly learnt the right lessons. Only Germany and Austria seem to have learnt some of the right lessons from SARS in Europe.
Our health bureaucracy clearly made fucking shit decisions after SARS and continues to make fucking shit decisions.

Last edited:
Kind of depends where you start the line at10, 20, 50 or 100 deaths. The more deaths you chose the lower the UK is compared with Italy.
BTW Italy, like England, has yet to count deaths outside hospitals.
I think our graphs start from ten deaths,we are on top of them and have been for ages,today the global death rates had a new uk line for other settings,which has landed us on top of france

‘Dr Jenny Harries is then asked why the figure of deaths in the UK is higher than in many other countries.

She says there is a "difficulty understanding the differentiation".

While Germany stands out now, Dr Harries adds: "We need to be very clear and need to look back in 12 or 20 months' time" to get the full picture.

She says the media has focused on counting deaths in the UK but the "most useful statistic" is comparing the number of deaths in the same season in previous years to the death toll during the coronavirus outbreak.

"It is difficult to draw direct comparisons with other countries," she adds. "That is not an excuse but a fact."

I think the above quite an important point, there’s so many different factors at play for each country that simply comparing numbers is pretty basic & potentially misleading.

I have said this numerous times.

It falls on not so much deaf ears, just those who dont like the message as it spoils their narratives.

‘Dr Jenny Harries is then asked why the figure of deaths in the UK is higher than in many other countries.

She says there is a "difficulty understanding the differentiation".

While Germany stands out now, Dr Harries adds: "We need to be very clear and need to look back in 12 or 20 months' time" to get the full picture.

She says the media has focused on counting deaths in the UK but the "most useful statistic" is comparing the number of deaths in the same season in previous years to the death toll during the coronavirus outbreak.

"It is difficult to draw direct comparisons with other countries," she adds. "That is not an excuse but a fact."

I think the above quite an important point, there’s so many different factors at play for each country that simply comparing numbers is pretty basic & potentially misleading.
following trends is not though italy told us unless you change course you will be us in 2-3 weeks time,so far we are

England very much IS counting deaths outside of hospital and I’ve no idea why you’d think they aren’t.
We are, but up to 17 days behind. If you want to remove the lockdown without risking a new wave you have to know these figures pronto and have an effective test and trace strategy.

I think our graphs start from ten deaths,we are on top of them and have been for ages,today the global death rates had a new uk line for other settings,which has landed us on top of france
Anti-government press use 10 deaths. The government uses 50 deaths.

Yes but that is why test and trace is so important. If you can identity those who have it and isolate them then you gradually strangle the epidemic as Taiwan did early on and as South Korea now has done.
They had experience of SARS though and clearly learnt the right lessons. Only Germany and Austria seem to have learnt some of the right lessons from SARS in Europe.
Yeah, I live in Malaysia and someone in my building tested positive. Within a few hours, everyone in the building was told which tower and floor they were on, every date that they'd visited the building's supermarket over the past two weeks, and the supermarket was closed immediately for deep cleaning and wasn't opened again until the following afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.