Michael Robinson RIP

Only 61 acc my records. RIP, fellah, one of the cultured ones.

Funny though how he is remembered in the RDAHMeedya -

1975–1979
Preston North End 48 (15)
1979–1980 Manchester City 30 (8)
1980–1983 Brighton & Hove Albion 113 (37)
1983–1984 Liverpool 30 (6)
1984–1986 Queens Park Rangers 48 (5)
1987–1989 Osasuna 58 (12)
Total 327 (83)

Apparently he was a Liverpool player!
Seems inappropriate to be churlish at a time like this but the BBC are a disgrace - ex Liverpool player emblazoned on their sports web page. Facts are meaningless to that apology of a broadcasting company.

RIP Michael

Anyone remember any of the other 7 goals apart from the Man U one? The only one I have seen footage of is one at Easter 1980 at home to Bristol City. We had bought Reeves and Tueart by then and he had lost his place but stood in for Reeves that day. Scored a nice finish in from of the North Stand from the edge of the box. He looks rather out of condition in the video - as if he hadn't been looking after himself. He had a funny season - big pressure, bout of glandular fever which floored him after the Man U game and meant he lost a lot of muscle and power, and took a lot of criticism from Allison in the programme/ press etc when things got bad after Christmas. Shame we sold him as I read in programmes from the start of that season the big plan was to buy him and Reeves and play them as a pairing. Perhaps money was needed once we got Tueart back so the plan was dropped and he was sold; although there had obviously been some bad blood with Allison by then too I think. Time proved him to be a decent top level striker, nothing more, but he showed enough to suggest we would have been better sticking with him than buying Tueart, Francis, Boyer, Cross, Jones and the others since he could have led our line for a long time. perhaps up the end of the 80's.
I remember that glandular fever well. I think your assessment of him was correct as a player. He was certainly First Division standard, if not outstandingly so.

According to sky a Liverpool legend. They cannot help themselves can they. Played 30 games for them. I remember him for us in early 80s and thought he was underrated. And to go to Spain and learn the language well enough to be a very well respected pundit says a lot about his character. RIP

Apologies and not that it really matters but how do you know he died of Covid? All reports saying cancer, can’t see anything about Covid?
I remember reading about 6 months ago he had a melanoma and the prognosis wasn't good so probably covid had sweet fa to do with it. 61 is no age whatever the cause of death and sympathies to friends and family

Sad news, seemed like a nice guy. On a side note, he was signed for 750k then sold for peanuts a year later. There can be no greater example of mismanagement of a football club than us under Swales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.