Michael Robinson RIP

Mrs B and SS really loved him, had a picture badge of him(remember them). When she was 21 her mate arranged for her to receive a signed birthday card from him which made her day.
Really good player who I thought we sold too soon as him and Reeves had the potential to become a really good strike pair.

What a goal against the rags, as Motson said " A goal to grace any Derby game"

RIP Michael

Remember being really excited by his signing for us. Sad news indeed. Far too young to be taken. RIP, Michael.

Anyone remember any of the other 7 goals apart from the Man U one? The only one I have seen footage of is one at Easter 1980 at home to Bristol City. We had bought Reeves and Tueart by then and he had lost his place but stood in for Reeves that day. Scored a nice finish in from of the North Stand from the edge of the box. He looks rather out of condition in the video - as if he hadn't been looking after himself. He had a funny season - big pressure, bout of glandular fever which floored him after the Man U game and meant he lost a lot of muscle and power, and took a lot of criticism from Allison in the programme/ press etc when things got bad after Christmas. Shame we sold him as I read in programmes from the start of that season the big plan was to buy him and Reeves and play them as a pairing. Perhaps money was needed once we got Tueart back so the plan was dropped and he was sold; although there had obviously been some bad blood with Allison by then too I think. Time proved him to be a decent top level striker, nothing more, but he showed enough to suggest we would have been better sticking with him than buying Tueart, Francis, Boyer, Cross, Jones and the others since he could have led our line for a long time. perhaps up the end of the 80's.

Remember watching his first game and he was a rough diamond , 100% effort and brave as a lion but Malcolm improved his game and he ended up signing for the Dippers for decent money , although he was never an established first teamer at Klanfield.
R-I-P once a blue always a blue , thanks for the memories Robbo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.