Michael Robinson RIP

Sorry to learn of Michael's passing. I remember him as much as an Irish International as a City player. An exciting player to watch at his best. RIP.

Apologies and not that it really matters but how do you know he died of Covid? All reports saying cancer, can’t see anything about Covid?

Was watching Spanish Antena 3 this morning when the news broke and they said it was cancer then complicated by Covid and i posted straight away.
I suppose this was the first thing they thought when the news came through and decided to announce their own spin on it.
Apologies from me

My dad had met him a couple of times when he played for Ireland. Always spoke very highly of him as a really nice guy. iirc he never liked to be called Mick . Always Micheal
RIP blue

I enjoy his podcast series (Spanish language) called Acento Robinson where he basically interviews sportspeople but finding all about their lives and not just the sporting side which is all the public usually see. He always comes across as a lovely man and you can see why he is loved in Spain. Going to miss those podcasts. A lovely man, great footballer and broadcaster. RIP or as they say in Spain DEP

He was a good (but not great) striker in the old First Division of his era, who suffered at City from the pressure engendered by the level of the fee we paid for him. In other circumstances, he could have been a useful asset for us over a period of several years.

I've also always been full of admiration for the way he carved out a post-football life and career in Spain. It really isn't that easy and his success speaks volumes for his character.

RIP Michael.

One of my favourite players at the time. Sent him a letter c/o of the club and he was good enough to write back.
Very sad news.
RIP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.