Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

There are only two possible outcomes from today’s meeting in my opinion. Either the league is voided or the league is stopped. I cannot see that they can control the knock-on effects of the league being stopped, in particular relegation/promotion so my money is on it being voided completely. Weirdly, that might mean we have to scrub the league cup win from our records.
I’ll take that, however how can they deny us of something that has actually happened and completed
The piss boiling from the dippers would make it all worthwhile!!!!
Please !!!!!!

I have grown up, within the confines of the City of Manchester, and despised everything that ever emanated from The Swamp, but I have to say that over the last couple of seasons my loathing of all things red has migrated thirty odd miles down the East Lancs. Never has a club exuded such self-righteous importance, despite what they have and haven't achieved within that time span, and never has there been a club which felt that whatever they did - smashing coaches, hacking IT systems, furloughing staff - they still sat on a heavenly throne with The Almighty sitting at their right hand with Shanks on the left!
That's a very accurate description.

There have been several other succinct similarities to describe the Liverpool* fan base that I also agree with.

"They are ofended by everything and ashamed of nothing"

"They have an over developed sense of importance and an under developed sense of responsibility"

They really are a disliked group of individuals.

There are only two possible outcomes from today’s meeting in my opinion. Either the league is voided or the league is stopped. I cannot see that they can control the knock-on effects of the league being stopped, in particular relegation/promotion so my money is on it being voided completely. Weirdly, that might mean we have to scrub the league cup win from our records.
Yeah logically that's what I see. But I don't see them caring about city having won the league Cup,not unless LFC fans start clamouring for it to be taken away.... Right now they (spitefully) want everyone to feel the pain they are feeling.

I'm expecting a no score draw and another meeting in 4 weeks, I know dates are supposedly set in stone but these fuckers are adept at making up new rules to suit as they go along.

They could decide a return date then ask Sky/BT to pick day and KO times.........add another 6 weeks on then?

They should stop it, record it as an incomplete season and keep all the stats and already awarded trophies, it's not difficult. You don't need to scrub what's already happened, just accept it won't be finished and pause it.

We deserve to keep our league cup win, community shield win and Sergio deserves to keep his records. They are things that have actually, in real life been achieved.

Scrubbing it would be unpalatable, just don't award anything based on things that haven't happened yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.