Biggest recession for 300 years

What I believe is not pigeon-holing everyone, be it councils, individuals with a council, media organisations, individual journalists as all alike, because the reality is there not.

And i have not done that.
There are positives from some councils. Manchester has done much that is positive.
There are a few good journalists left. Unfortunately reporting the truth is no longer the panacea, for media organisations so there are fewer than before.
Media organisations. I would need some persuasion and some evidence that this country has a media organisation I would trust, or believe.

Not sure which council you are referring too (or your point to be honest) but because one department in a council, prior to Covid 19, bought an expensive bit of art work, it is hardly representative of every council and the cost does not even represent a fraction of the monies Councils have lost during this period or a fraction of the money councils have spent fighting this pandemic.
Council = Public tax monies.

$100,000 piece of art? Fuck off!!

Artists should DONATE art for public spaces, enjoy the exposure and hopefully gain more than just money for sharing their work.

Artists should DONATE art for public spaces, enjoy the exposure and hopefully gain more than just money for sharing their work.
So artists should do work for feck all. Is it one piece or all. It's not the artist that's at fault it's the councils.

That's like the old shit given to musicians, hey guys, play for free, think of the exposure.
Yeah right, bollocks to that.
Try getting a plumber to fix your pipes for free.

An incident in Tesco today summed it up for me.

I'm in the snaking but perfectly socially distanced queue with everyone doing as they are told and someone lights up a fag right in the middle of it....

A big war of words and row results.
Why, if it was outside ?

The South Sea Bubble.
Nearly brought the country to its knees.
Government bribery. Personal fortunes lost.
Nothing new there, then.
The additional costs of Covid-19 for Birmingham City Council is estimated to be near £300m, I believe. The odd piece of art will not cover that.

No it wont cover it but, it will make people who see it understand man`s enlightenment through the turmoil of the industrial revolution.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.