The shooting and killing of Ahmaud Arbery

Theres footage of the guy who shot him in kkk uniform. There's also footage of the guy who got shot in the house (under construction)
Hardly surprising.

Racism is rife in the USA. You only have to look at the disparity in the way black and white people are treated by the criminal justice system, from arrest, all the way to the highest court in the country.

I was out in the states (Ohio) a couple of years back with work. A few of us got invited to a barbeque, and one of my colleagues who was black was told by one of the other guests that it would be best for all if he stayed in the house, because if he was seen in the garden it may cause friction with the neighbours.

Saw on the news today apparent footage of Ahmaud walking into a house shortly before he was shot. I have no more context than that and can't find any other news about it, but on that short clip alone, unless his or a friend's house, I fully expect to see the two shitbags that killed him get off scott free.

Hardly surprising.

Racism is rife in the USA. You only have to look at the disparity in the way black and white people are treated by the criminal justice system, from arrest, all the way to the highest court in the country.

I was out in the states (Ohio) a couple of years back with work. A few of us got invited to a barbeque, and one of my colleagues who was black was told by one of the other guests that it would be best for all if he stayed in the house, because if he was seen in the garden it may cause friction with the neighbours.
Really? Ohio

Weird, I have never seen anything like that, actually saw more of that sort of thing in England
I've witnessed racism in the UK (Wales, Scotland and England). What I found weird about this incident is that it was almost accepted behaviour, and that people actually modified their own behaviour to accommodate.

I saw the video going around this morning, it made me feel sick and has been on my mind all day. If you need to see it it's all over twitter.

Ahmaud Arbery, a black male was jogging through a neighbourhood when a pickup truck started following him. On that pickup truck were Travis and Gregory McMichael a father and son duo, who pulled out their guns and tried to stop him, as they supposedly suspected him of being a criminal without any proof whatsoever. Ahmaud tries to protect himself by wrestling the gun from one of them and they gun him down. They claimed self defence back in February but they should both be doing life now this video has emerged.

It was one of the worst hate crimes I have seen.

Supposedly because they were attempting a citizen's arrest they weren't arrested but to me that was straight up murder.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...called-911-report-black-male-running-shooting

Black Lives Matter - just not in some states of course........

Interesting take on the matter. I have no idea about 'burglary' as a law in Georgia. I'm not sure if trespass would automatically be leading to burglary if you come away with nothing in your hands.

I think this guy, Tatum, makes massive leaps of faith in constructing his story. All things are possible, but one cannot attach intent to burgle a property without evidence of intent. If the kid bolts, it's most likely because he thought it was the worker on/ owner of the property.

Trespass, I would agree with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.