COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it pisses me off people going mad at the government at asking them to go back to work as if somehow they are so special when millions have carried on working throughout this crisis

care workers
Nhs workers
Supermarket staff
Journalists
Politicians
Scientists
Some Teaching staff
Bus drivers
Tube drivers
Delivery drivers
Food producers
The armed forces
The entire logistics process that gets food into your cupboards each day.

many of whom cannot work from home. You cannot drive a bus or train from your study waiting for your sourdough loaf to cook.
They are classed as key workers though. If you are in a job that is not essential to the functioning of daily life in the country then it’s reasonable to be annoyed at being asked to go into work when you can do it safely from home. It’s a totally unnecessary safety risk, versus safety risks that unfortunately are unavoidable in roles that are essential. That’s not unreasonable at all. You are trying to divide people for some reason, adding in a patronising line about baking bread, as if to diminish the jobs of those that can work from home. Some companies are asking people to add to the overcrowding of public transport when they can do their job just as effectively from home. That is out of order and against government advice. So they have every right to be pissed off.

If you are in a job that is not essential to the functioning of daily life in the country then it’s reasonable to be annoyed at being asked to go into work when you can do it safely from home.
That’s not the government though. That would be an employer. The Govt have said work from home where possible.

You’re being intentionally silly.
Yes! I"m very concerned about the proposed return to schools so trying to lighten my emotional mood. My union have advised we dont do any planning until further notice and it will cause conflict at my school.

Direct UV light kills all virus.
The point I am making is that Flu is seemingly more adversely affected by summer conditions than SARS-Cov2 appears to be.
Having looked up articles again on the subject it's mainly to do with lower humidity. Here's one.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/30/is-coronavirus-seasonal-summer
Ok makes sense. I had read that direct sunlight kills Sars2 in minutes. It’s one of the reasons I shake my head when I see Qatar disinfecting main roads. That and people could always avoid licking the roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.