COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
some teachers, some bin men, some general maintenance people, some council staff. Some civil servants . Some drivers. I don’t know their names.

you get the picture , many here are on a much reduced service, up here they have reduced services that cannot provide their services safely eg social distancing . In London it might be different,

Haha. I wasn't asking for names :)

All c2,700 staff are working. Waste collections have not changed. We still provide social care (around 800 staff). Our lawyers are still working, as are HR (staff are ill, stuck in other countries, some people still misbehave when WFH etc..), finance are still number crunching and trying to fill holes, planners signing off applications and developments etc.. For the vast majority, there has been little change.

Those who cannot fulfill their normal roles (some back office staff, counter staff and the likes) have been redployed, carrying out very important roles, such as delivering food (over 25000 deliveries) and prescriptions (c9000 deliveries so far) to the vulnerable. Plus the hundreds of calls each day made to vulnerable to check they are okay and provide them with some company. Not forgetting helping the homeless. Staff have also been redployed to cover staff who are ill or unable to work due to the risk of Covid-19.

I am sure many councils are doing the same. In fact, I know many who are. Inside and outside London.

As for teachers, I can only comment on my daughter's school. We get regular emails, work each week and the teachers marks the work that has been submitted. Some teachers from the school are helping out another school who are teaching kids who are vulnerable or who have parents who are key workers.

Too risky, people may not buy them
Bullshit. Have you seen how the 15 year gilt yield has dropped on its arse?

If Gilts were an increased risk then they’d be rising as people would want a higher return for a greater risk of default. They are still classed as a risk free asset.

Last edited:
7am on the Jubilee Line at Canada Water...

Not a fucking mask or facial covering to be seen.
You shouldn't be allowed on the tube without wearing one!

Personally I think the equivalent of war bonds with guaranteed returns over 5-20 years is the way to pay for it.
That’s how it’s borrowed anyway. It’s called a Gilt. It currently costs the govt under 0.5% pa in interest over 15 years.

3 of the 4 pictures are outside where its possible to social distance.

People will happily return to work when it is safe to do so and when employers have put plans in place for social distancing, flexible working hours etc.
Three of the four are also personally enjoyable; people will return to work, true, but happily might be stretching it. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.