Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane is world class and his injury and now possibly losing him is a blow but it might give Jesus ets more games and that may compensate well.

Not read every post.
But people are talking about 40 million.
If we get 40 quid for a player that doesn't want to be here is 40 quid more than we would get next summer.
Brilliant player I hope he stays if he doesn't want too not much we can do.
See ya lad

its not the money ? its taking the piss from sane and munich that is the problem

manchester city can not be taken for fools and the market value for sane is £100 million or we just let him rot in the back ground for 16 months and add the 12 month out from injury then its will be nearly 3 seasons before he kicks a ball at the top level again

Munich are the major problem and all the shit they have said about city and the money and FFP and they want to do business with us ?? and try and get sane on the cheap hahahaha i hope to god city can block anything in sane wanting to move there. and even let him run down his contract and walk away for free in 16 months time ? he would be a broken player by then and 3 seasons is a hell of a period out and not playing

its not the money ? its taking the piss from sane and munich that is the problem

manchester city can not be taken for fools and the market value for sane is £100 million or we just let him rot in the back ground for 16 months and add the 12 month out from injury then its will be nearly 3 seasons before he kicks a ball at the top level again

Munich are the major problem and all the shit they have said about city and the money and FFP and they want to do business with us ?? and try and get sane on the cheap hahahaha i hope to god city can block anything in sane wanting to move there. and even let him run down his contract and walk away for free in 16 months time ? he would be a broken player by then and 3 seasons is a hell of a period out and not playing

You've got a point

Both are possible though Sane would probably look better in a Bayern team in the German league. In a Pep premier league team Sterling looks the better palyer. Different teams suit different players.

May I ask something here? Within your matchgoing support (I assume you’re one of them), who do your fans rate higher, Sterling or Sane?
It’s not a jibe or loaded question, I’m genuinely interested. They’re two brilliant players but different in some respects.

May I ask something here? Within your matchgoing support (I assume you’re one of them), who do your fans rate higher, Sterling or Sane?
It’s not a jibe or loaded question, I’m genuinely interested. They’re two brilliant players but different in some respects.
Whoever played better in the most recent game is the normal measure.

For me it’s Sane, cos he often comes up trumps against the top teams, but both players are an enigma. I might have just as easily said Sterling, cos after a torrid beginning during which I thought he would never amount to a world class footballer, he then turned in 2 seasons (2017/2018 and 2018/2019) where he was fantastic, having clearly worked on and improved, every aspect of his game. However, he reverted back to his uncoordinated worst for most of the season just gone. The strange thing about Sterling is that he’s always - purely in my opinion - performed better in Europe for us than he has the better teams in the Premier League.
Sane meanwhile is a devastating counterattacker, particularly in tandem with Debruyne, but he’s also disappointed at times, particularly against the type of packed defences we usually encounter.
I wouldn’t sell either of them though for all the tea in China, because they give us a complete range of attacking options. Alas, it looks like that decision’s gonna be out of our hands

For me it’s Sane, cos he often comes up trumps against the top teams, but both players are an enigma. I might have just as easily said Sterling, cos after a torrid beginning during which I thought he would never amount to a world class footballer, he then turned in 2 seasons (2017/2018 and 2018/2019) where he was fantastic, having clearly worked on and improved, every aspect of his game. However, he reverted back to his uncoordinated worst for most of the season just gone. The strange thing about Sterling is that he’s always - purely in my opinion - performed better in Europe for us than he has the better teams in the Premier League.
Sane meanwhile is a devastating counterattacker, particularly in tandem with Debruyne, but he’s also disappointed at times, particularly against the type of packed defences we usually encounter.
I wouldn’t sell either of them though for all the tea in China, because they give us a complete range of attacking options. Alas, it looks like that decision’s gonna be out of our hands

Good post that, mate, I agree completely.

Not being funny mate but you watched a highlight clip, of course it shows his beest moments.
If that's your only critea for judging players then I don't know what to tell you.

As a City fan for 53 years mate, growing up on the Kippax, I find that comment completely insulting.

Could do with Juve, Real or Barça taking a serious interest just to piss off the German rags (and drive the price up) if he’s intent on leaving.

Sane is more complete player of them two. They both can be devastating for the opposition, but Sane edges it, imo. He's helpless with his right leg, but can shot pretty good with left, Sterling is at preadolescence age when it comes to shooting. Sane makes more chances for teammates too, though Sterling positioning in attack is one of the best in world's football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.