Glyn Pardoe RIP

I know he played in the reserves until 1976/7 and my old man was taking me reserve matches in those days so I must have seen him play then. I don't remember him specifically, though. But for his injury, he'd have no doubt played for England and would still have been a first-team regular when I started going in the mid-seventies (I've always assumed he'd have replaced Book on the right with Donachie at LB).

I do recall him alongside Tony Book coaching the youth and reserve teams to fantastic effect in the 1980s, then meeting him at a couple of supporters' events more than a decade later. He was a gracious and engaging man who found time to chat to everyone and will be much missed among Blues. RIP.

RIP a true blue and legend of our football club. That is all that needs to be said.

That City team in the sky is an almighty one!

Tough day for young Tommy too - I hope he can do his grandad's proud and carve out a career of his own in City blue.

R.I.P

i 2nd everything said on here and more. the bloke was a city legend and blue blooded. and that youth team from 1986 was down to him and tony book hard work and training at platt lane

Hopefully gone to leave his foot in on George Best for one last time. RIP. My clearest memory of my first game was stood at the front and the bright sky blue number 3 shirt in front of me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.