George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no situation where kneeling on the neck is the preferred strategy for restraining a person. ESPECIALLY when you are more than 1 person, 2 police officers should be easily trained in methods to restrain a person SAFELY without cutting off oxygen/blood supplies.

Basics.

I see no situation where kneeling on the neck is the preferred strategy for restraining a person. ESPECIALLY when you are more than 1 person, 2 police officers should be easily trained in methods to restrain a person SAFELY without cutting off oxygen/blood supplies.

Basics.

In addition, mate, their own rules states that the knee on the neck of a passively resisting citizen is strictly prohibited.

As Zin said, the US system is all wrong; when a cop has the mindset of 'better to be judged by twelve than carried out by six' before they leave for their watch, then it sets them up for the power of judge and jury/ siege mentality surge they have in their job role, day in, day out.

Whilst this is not the same for all cops, when they are working in high density cities with a high ethnic/ poor population, this mindset is clearly acute.

We see it all the time...

Small examples of a fucked up system.

"Protect and serve", my arse...

I'd heard about it on Twitter before noticing the video and stopped it after about 10 seconds. People stopping to record an incident without trying to help. ooooh lets record it quick but i wont do anything just voice my displeasure. Just do one.

With respect mate, what are random passers-by civilians supposed to do against armed police officers who are clearly okay with killing innocent civilians?

Mobile phone cameras is one of the most important inventions in the fight against police brutality for black people in the US. They've been shouting about it from the rooftops for decades but people simply could not believe an officer of the law could do the things the black community said they'd experience on a daily basis - with no video evidence it always came down to he said/she said and once the PD put out their statement, it was over, case closed.

Even in this case, despite video evidence to the contrary, the PD still put out a press release alleging that this black fella was physically resisting arrest so they had to physically restrain him (which doesn't give them the licence to kill the man, but it's an old tactic that has worked for many decades) and once they noticed the "medical distress" he was taken to the hospital where he later died, completely omitting the fact that he knelt on his neck suffocating him and thus murdering him - without video evidence that statement would have become the accepted version of events and these officers would have been back on patrol the next day without as much as a warning, whilst the family of the dead man receive no justice.

Last edited:
The central park white lady situation is also another example of the invention of mobile phone cameras being incredibly helpful - without video evidence the police "could" have arrived on the scene, accepted her version as the true version and proceeded to arrest the man, or worse case scenario view as immediately threatening, at which point the black man's life is in grave danger.

Only a couple of these 'white person calls the cops on black person" videos have gone viral in the last few years but they supposedly make up less than 2% of the numbers of times it actually happens.

In addition, mate, their own rules states that the knee on the neck of a passively resisting citizen is strictly prohibited.

As Zin said, the US system is all wrong; when a cop has the mindset of 'better to be judged by twelve than carried out by six' before they leave for their watch, then it sets them up for the power of judge and jury/ siege mentality surge they have in their job role, day in, day out.

Whilst this is not the same for all cops, when they are working in high density cities with a high ethnic/ poor population, this mindset is clearly acute.

We see it all the time...

Small examples of a fucked up system.

"Protect and serve", my arse...

One thing I've never understood is why they think it's acceptable to shoot someone who is running away and clearly unarmed.
I've seen videos of UK police restraining people who are armed with knives ect, in America they just shoot people like that no questions asked. It is fucked up.

The central park white lady situation is also another example of the invention of mobile phone cameras being incredibly helpful - without video evidence the police "could" have arrived on the scene, accepted her version as the true version and proceeded to arrest the man, or worse case scenario view as immediately threatening, at which point the black man's life is in grave danger.

Only a couple of these 'white person calls the cops on black person" videos have gone viral in the last few years but they supposedly make up less than 2% of the numbers of times it actually happens.

She purposely mentioned he was black too just so it would strike fear into him and that the police would react in a different way also.

Disgusting she should be ashamed of herself.

One thing I've never understood is why they think it's acceptable to shoot someone who is running away and clearly unarmed.
I've seen videos of UK police restraining people who are armed with knives ect, in America they just shoot people like that no questions asked. It is fucked up.

Usually it's their story against a dead person; no one would ever know the actual story of the incident.

It's their basic training to shoot a grouping into the main body to avoid 'missing'.

I think the mentality is shooting to incapacitate leaves an officer vulnerable to attack, so they avoid it.

Legalised murder, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.