Anderlecht Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Vinny got a little more attached to Anderlecht.

He bought shares of the club, and he will stay with the club after his playing career.

Word is Guardiola offered him to come back to Man City en become an assistent of Pep, but he declined.

Some small additions to the interview.

One of the huge reasons we only made it to an 8th place was the fact we missed a healthy striker.

Roofe is a good striker, but it toke to much time for him te get healthy. The other strikers we have, are Dimata, who is now injured for like over a year, and Kiese Thelin, a terrible player, who is on loan now in Sweden.

So the first 10 games we played without a real striker. What resulted in nice football, but no goals.
Also the inverted wingback system was a disaster, in a roster missing the right player to play is.
The addition of a classic fightback made a big difference with the addition of Murillo.

Some small additions to the interview.

One of the huge reasons we only made it to an 8th place was the fact we missed a healthy striker.

Roofe is a good striker, but it toke to much time for him te get healthy. The other strikers we have, are Dimata, who is now injured for like over a year, and Kiese Thelin, a terrible player, who is on loan now in Sweden.

So the first 10 games we played without a real striker. What resulted in nice football, but no goals.
Also the inverted wingback system was a disaster, in a roster missing the right player to play is.
The addition of a classic fightback made a big difference with the addition of Murillo.
What's the overall speed of the league like mate? I wonder if Zaba will be see a player coach role become available. The concern would be his speed, but it depends on the style of the league (I won't for a moment pretend I know much about that).

The league is more power based. With much teams that give not so much space to the opponent. So a lower speed is not a huge problem.

Small teams like to park the bus against a better opponents.

What's the overall speed of the league like mate? I wonder if Zaba will be see a player coach role become available. The concern would be his speed, but it depends on the style of the league (I won't for a moment pretend I know much about that).
Zabba? He legs had gone when he left us and that was two years ago. Zabba would struggle to play Sunday league these days.

https://www.si.com/soccer/mancheste...ew-of-the-2019-20-season-w-sportinganderlecht

Just read this interview with an Anderlecht fan about how Kompany has got on this season, some interesting stuff in there about de Bruyne at the end too. I think it's only a question of when, rather than if, he returns to manage us at some point.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vinny never returned to City as an employee. I think he is gonna get so involved at Anderlecht that he will always have goals to achieve in every upcoming season, for quite some time.

Watched the game yesterday.
Couldn't argue will the 2 late goals they conceded,
But didn't see Vinny,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.