COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought they won't be available for a month and it was pre orders.

Yes I think that’s the case mate but I thought I might as well buy them now and get them as soon as they can be delivered. I was refunded for the Arsenal game for a spare I put on the ticket exchange so I won’t notice the money gone. I also bought the home shirt to take me over the £30 ceiling for not paying postage.

8 deaths from Wales reported today. So with just Northern Ireland missing (usually the smallest) that's 132 in UK hospitals.

Update NI had one new death so UK hospital total = 133.

Cannot recall the last time Scotland, Wales and N Ireland were all in single figures for the same day not at a weekend. But it was probably near the start of the epidemic. The England hospital total is at a level from that sort of time period too. So good news.
This should go into the positive thread...

Iran looks like they are getting a 2nd wave too. They were early hitters, it started there at about the same time as it did in Italy and they had 3100 new cases yesterday. Their deaths plateau is lasting almost 2 months already, though it might be that their early death numbers were not really correct, guess it was much higher in March and April.

Number of new cases is certainly a concern 3,134 yesterday and a further 3,574 today. When you see the chart of their new cases, it certainly looks like two distinct waves, but with precious few days in between when the numbers were below 1,000.

There is no mention of the virus or the situation on the ground in the English-speaking mouthpieces, e.g. https://www.tehrantimes.com/, which makes me suspect it must be quite bad.

1. Mexico reports more than 1,000 daily deaths for the first time
  2. Brazil sets a new record of 1,349 daily deaths
And that's just officially Covid-19 tested deaths. Registered excess deaths are much higher than official deaths.
Horrible, just horrible.

At the briefing average hospital admissions rose for the first time in weeks to over 500. Skipped over rather quickly on the graph. Hopefully not a trend just a glitch . The UK deaths from all settings a weekday low since March. 176.

Cases 1805 from (allegedly) 220,000 tests. Surpassing 5 million tests in total (allegedly).

At the briefing average hospital admissions rose for the first time in weeks to over 500. Skipped over rather quickly on the graph. Hopefully not a trend just a glitch . The UK deaths from all settings a weekday low since March. 176.
The concerning part is the new infection sitting at around 1800. No real drop since about 26th March.
Spain and Italy dropped from the 2000 range to hundreds quite quicky.

The concerning part is the new infection sitting at around 1800. No real drop since about 26th March.
Spain and Italy dropped from the 2000 range to hundreds quite quicky.

Except if the tests are valid that's 1800 out 0f 220,000 versus 1800 out of half that a week ago and 1800 out of about one twentieth of that when things were at a peak.

So it is very different.

IF the test numbers are meaningfully real outside of fairyland. Which is not entirely a given as we all know.

We are now looking for cases and finding a much higher percentage. When we were getting 1800 months ago we were only really testing those ill enough to be potentially going into hospital.

1871 new cases (-82 on last Thursday)
505 hospitalizations (+30 on last Thursday)
176 deaths (-237 on last Thirsday)

Deaths cover what happened with new infections 3 to 4 weeks ago. Though only 40 deaths from care homes outside Scotland today is very good news indeed.

1871 new cases although from 220k tests (so possibly picking up more cases from 100k more tests), and the slight rise in hospitalizations show we have flatlined on this point. It needs to be reduced.
Note: SAGE think actual new cases are 6+ times the figure picked up by testing and we need to minimise the difference to reflect the true picture ASAP.

So for me it is good news that face masks/ coverings are now mandatory on public transport.
The SAGE boys and girls think it is a minor benefit but the science is now clear and it prevents 25%-55% of new cases (and deaths) from happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.