Jayden Braaf joins Borussia Dortmund on a permanent deal

Id argue they are clearly not good enough, you do understand the level they have to be at to get anywhere near our first team? Pep is not running a charity and will hand out appearences for the sake of it.

We offer youngsters world class facilities and schooling (depending on age). Having City on their CV is going to help them in the future.

I'd argue that Jason Denayer and Roby Lopes could definitely have had a decent impact in our first team, had they been given a better chance at City maybe Sancho might have seen a pathway to the first team.

I'd argue that Jason Denayer and Roby Lopes could definitely have had a decent impact in our first team, had they been given a better chance at City maybe Sancho might have seen a pathway to the first team.
That would explain why Jason Denayer and Rony Lopes have had such a stellar career since leaving us then.

Because they will gain experience in world class facilities, coaching, education, a high profile putting them in the world wide shop window. Most will go on to decent careers. Only 25 players, out of all the players in the world, can be in a PL winning squad at a time, just think of the numbers to see what a challenge that is. If at 16 or 17 they want to play regularly they should go somewhere else unless they are Messi standard at that age. It's just like school/life, there are limited top jobs and only a very few go all the way to the top, but that doesn't stop the vast majority aspiring to get as far as they can.

That's all well and good but the last player to actually be a regular in the first team (the primary reason for having an academy) was Micah Richards and he made his debut in October 2005. Anyone who thinks thats good enough and we're not failing with our youth system is insane!

That would explain why Jason Denayer and Rony Lopes have had such a stellar career since leaving us then.

Denayer is a regular for Lyon and had a pretty good career so far to be fair, Rony will also have a decent career. There is also the argument that Pep would make them better than they already are which is Champions league regulars.

Denayer is a regular for Lyon and had a pretty good career so far to be fair, Rony will also have a decent career. There is also the argument that Pep would make them better than they already are which is Champions league regulars.
Denayer has done very well at Lyon with many of their supporters surprised at how good he is for how little money he cost.

Rony deserved a shot too, he has done well abroad, although he has gotten little injuries that set him back every now and then, but Denayer... that one truly pisses me off. We were in dire need of a CB with Demichelis clearly showing his age, but Pellegrini never did it.

When Pep came in I was certain Denayer was in his plans, he is a ball playing CB also, but he didn't do it. I don't get it, way better than Stones.

Only seen the lad on tv a few times he is very good player but he isn’t as good as Sancho at the same age he is more raw. Should try and loan him out to a good side who are willing to give him some game time.

Only seen the lad on tv a few times he is very good player but he isn’t as good as Sancho at the same age he is more raw. Should try and loan him out to a good side who are willing to give him some game time.
That is true, but the problem with that thinking is that nobody is as good as Sancho was at his age.

I would even say Foden was "just" below Sancho when they were both in our academy, only just. Brahim was then "just" below Foden as well.

If our standard to integrate an academy kid is to get a Sancho-like talent, it will never happen, even Foden wouldn't have happened. I'm convinced Foden only happened because he was a local lad at City his whole life. I don't think he'd be in the team otherwise. I don't mean that as anything against Foden, still an amazing talent, it's more against City if their standard to integrate youth is truly that unbelievably high (waiting for Sancho, Messi, Mbappe levels of talent).

Denayer has done very well at Lyon with many of their supporters surprised at how good he is for how little money he cost.

Rony deserved a shot too, he has done well abroad, although he has gotten little injuries that set him back every now and then, but Denayer... that one truly pisses me off. We were in dire need of a CB with Demichelis clearly showing his age, but Pellegrini never did it.

When Pep came in I was certain Denayer was in his plans, he is a ball playing CB also, but he didn't do it. I don't get it, way better than Stones.

He would have definitely been a good squad player, I mean we had Mangala so what more needs to be said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.