COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 13-day-old baby with no known underlying health conditions has died with Covid-19, NHS England has said.The baby is thought to be the youngest to die with the disease in the UK.
It comes as Sheffield Children's Hospital confirmed a child died on Monday after being admitted in a critical condition

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-53097646

Karen it would also be good to state that covid has not been confirmed as a contributing factor to this terrible death. Your post is a little misleading and there may be people on here due to have a baby at some point in the near future. Let's not place even more stress on them if it's not needed please.

Karen it would also be good to state that covid has not been confirmed as a contributing factor to this terrible death. Your post is a little misleading and there may be people on here due to have a baby at some point in the near future. Let's not place even more stress on them if it's not needed please.
What are you on about? she has linked a BBC report which states the Baby died of Covid. Even if it is untrue it's hardly controversial or misleading of Karen to post the article.

Hancock is a sly twat,we are following the science ......like we did with testing,incoming blame for the scientists

I'm sorry Karen, politicians are not scientists or experts on disease control so they have to follow what the scientists say.
This is not a dig, as i actually only come on here to get your daily updates and have done since day one etc.
Unfortunately i have noticed a trend with certain members (not yourself) ganging up or belittling anybody with a different view to how things are being handled. So when you constantly bash the government, it does seem like you are fuelling the fires.
Some are even taking a pleasure shooting people down, when they don't even realise that they have become obsessed only with the facts and figures that suit their agendas. Others are in what the yanks call a "jerk circle".

I have been asking if there has been a rise in hospital figures since the relaxed measures. Met with total silence. I will bet if the figures rise though (no matter how slight), there will be a million posts about it.

The simple fact is the government are not experts on this disease. They were always going to make mistakes.
If the app that they thought would give better control/results doesn't work, it wasn't a waste of money. It was just an idea that didn't work out.
If people want to think along those lines, why not include the Nightingale Hospitals as a waste of money too?

Last edited:
What are you on about? she has linked a BBC report which states the Baby died of Covid. Even if it is untrue it's hardly controversial or misleading of Karen to post the article.

No it doesnt,

The hospital, which has not confirmed the child's age, said the victim tested positive for Covid, but the cause of death was yet to be determined

again what is controversial or misleading in Karen linking this article?

It reads weird doesn't it? Firstly the BBC claim that the child died of Covid and then further on they claim that the cause of death hasn't been determined. The fault is with the BBC here for not getting any facts right before blabbing on their site.

It reads weird doesn't it? Firstly the BBC claim that the child died of Covid and then further on they claim that the cause of death hasn't been determined. The fault is with the BBC here for not getting any facts right before blabbing on their site.
My guess is that the child has yet to have an autopsy after he/she tested positive. They have obviously talked to either doctors or family members. I have no idea why anyone would have a pop at someone posting the article though.

I’ve just read a thread on Twitter with information showing that manual contact tracing is increasing the chances that the people who get tested are likely to have the virus. I am not sure how reliable this information is but there is some logic to it.

That might partly explain why the positives tests stay within the 1k to 1,500 range when there is significant variation in the number of tests undertaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.