COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst a worry that outbreaks like that are happening, its still contained, its contained by the processing plant being closed, the workers tested, and then being isolated, and that is exactly what should happen.

It's an outbreak probably caused by the opening of borders, and backs up the need for quarantine when people arrive in countries, as we appear to be doing, though it's far from clear how we are ensuring that quarantine is actually happening.
Right on cue.
That accounts for the Leicester and Bradford hotspots then (the Kirkless plant is closer to Bradford than Huddersfield)

I find it quite sad that the local MP for the yorkshire outbreak is trying to make political capital from it, whilst the local authority in charge is saying that everything is under control.

The Leicester outbreak is much more worrying, if as I understand the report, that 25% of all their total cases are in the last 2 weeks, and no obvious reasons are given.

I find it quite sad that the local MP for the yorkshire outbreak is trying to make political capital from it, whilst the local authority in charge is saying that everything is under control.

The Leicester outbreak is much more worrying, if as I understand the report, that 25% of all their total cases are in the last 2 weeks, and no obvious reasons are given.
@cleavers have you been able to see your parents yet?

@cleavers have you been able to see your parents yet?
No, its too far given we can't stay overnight, but we talk regularly and they are fine, have thought about meeting somewhere half way, but my dad is 80 and I don't want him to feel he needs to drive to meet us.

Its my lads 30th this weekend too, same distance, but again without staying somewhere overnight, it's not possible to see him either, but saw him and his girlfriend for the Cup Final weekend.

We'll get on with it, but thanks for asking.

No, its too far given we can't stay overnight, but we talk regularly and they are fine, have thought about meeting somewhere half way, but my dad is 80 and I don't want him to feel he needs to drive to meet us.

Its my lads 30th this weekend too, same distance, but again without staying somewhere overnight, it's not possible to see him either, but saw him and his girlfriend for the Cup Final weekend.

We'll get on with it, but thanks for asking.
How about a taxi for them to meet you somewhere? They would have to sit in the back with masks on but that might work,good to hear they are doing ok

The fact that these such outbreaks are even making the news should be seen as positive sign of how far we have come. A few weeks ago these outbreaks would have been happening all the time but now they are rare and can make a need story that people read and share, they get reported on.

Fair point TB a more positive way of looking at it I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.