Burnley (h) pre-match thread (22/06/2020)

Burnley (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a very large Asian community in Burnley, and when I lived there they were treated like shit, especially when it came to employment prospects. A horrible town with generally horrible racist people.Their only redeeming feature is that not many of them support the scum

I went to watch Burnley vs Arsenal on semi corporate tickets through work.

I was sat in the stand behind the goal and whilst it was in a lounge and padded seats, we were right in amongst the home fans.

Arsenal made their third sub and it was some kid with a long name of African descent and someone shouted “another bloody foreigner” and they all cheered and clapped the bloke shouting it.

This was 2016, the game Arsenal scored last min with a handball.

I just came away thinking they’re nothing like City fans and you wouldn’t typically hear that at City at all.

Wtf are you on about? Racism has been an appalling fucking blight on society for all of my 61 years, and as Pep said so well last night for a few hundred years before that. It’s about fucking time something positive was done about it, so don’t make light of it you shallow prick
Damn you're a spry codger. Go get em'!

All games between now and the end of the season are must win games. Everyone of the 1st team squad are going to have to play the best. That is because after these games we will be going into the FA Cup plus the Champions league games. Pep will need to know who is also going to be in his plans for next season as well.

So which ever team he picks they will all have to be up for it. The squad as a whole should be aiming for 2nd place and nothing less.

Don’t we need to secure wins in 4 of these last 8 league matches to secure a Top 4 finish ??

We’re 15 points (16 with GD) clear of 5th with 27 to play for. So we need max 11 points from our remaining 9 games assuming united win all 9, chelsea win 8 of 9 and leicester win 6 of 9. I’d say we’re safe for CL next season, ban aside.

These have to be games for rotation/warm up for the champions league finals in August, and for next season assuming that starts pretty soon after and you can only do that by playing strong and cohesive teams.

Not often you get competitive games to trial stuff but it would be a missed opportunity if we didn’t.
Equally we have a quality and expectation to maintain so no let up

There’s a very large Asian community in Burnley, and when I lived there they were treated like shit, especially when it came to employment prospects. A horrible town with generally horrible racist people.Their only redeeming feature is that not many of them support the scum
As an Asian, i wouldn't go anywhere near the fucking place. I remember being a shit scared when i went to my first game at Maine Road, ridiculous of course, but i'd have the same feeling now going to Turf Moor and that's aged 37!

Knew a Burnley fan long ago, and I have to say he was The Compleat Wanker.

Sadly a lot of northern towns have turned insular, bitter and racist over the years. I don't think they were always like that. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, being like that doesn't get you anywhere in the modern world, it really doesn't.

I would rest almost the whole team that started against Arsenal.

Pep is afraid of injuries, the League is already over, therefore there is no need to risk anyone after long break.

______________________Ederson____________________

Cancelo___________Otamendi____Stones_________Zinchenko

______________________Rodri______________________

_________Bernardo_____________Foden_________

Mahrez_______________Sergio__________________Sane
Problem with that is the 'first team' are then back logically v Chelsea and it is that game we want to rest people as the more important game is next weekend v Newcastle straight after Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.