Micah Richards the pundit

Micah said that City may want to send Foden out on loan but only to a team that plays football, not chasing shadows. Why on earth would City send Foden out on loan?
Micah's alright but I prefer Vinny.
different gravy vinny.

Woman actually.

I'm actually defending Micah. He can obviously talk about his own experiences of racism if he wants to, but I don't know that he does want to. He's being asked to comment by the broadcaster on these issues and I have no idea why. It doesn't improve the spectacle or our appreciation of the game one bit.

I think the premierleague has erred with support for Black Lives Matter, unaware of the political context and I think players, fans, sponsors and broadcasters do likewise. That's just my opinion. Don't bring politics into sport. Stick to football. I didn't realise that would be such a contentious and controversial view for you.

I totally agree with you.

I like him, he’s jolly and fun and I like applaud his massive biased towards us and the cheat code comment amused me. Thought him and souness bounced off each other well over the idiotic plane banner and educating people on racism.

One thing I couldn’t get understand though, was how the hell was he wearing a heavy wool overcoat over a tight wool top whilst wearing a wool hat. It was a pretty balmy evening.. is he mental?

I enjoy his punditry. I think his analysis is much better than some people are making out, I just think the presentation is a bit more casual than we're used to. I like some of the newer younger pundits though. Some of the old school ones talk as though what they say is fact but Richards talks like he's a fan as well as an ex pro and like he's just offering his opinion. We all know who a pundit's allegiance lies with so I'd rather they were just open about it and talked about the game with a smile rather than disguise any bias as cold hard facts.

I really think there are places that sport shouldn't go and politics is one. I sympathise with Micah and all of those asked to comment because they aren't experts on the sociology of racism. They are supposed to be experts on football. Broadcasters just shouldn't go there in my opinion.
We need more people like Dizzee Rascal owning Peirs Morgan and his type and showing that we ain’t falling for it.

Most blues have known he's a giddy jack the lad type since his debut at Villa in his first post match comments. I agree he needs to be a bit more analytical and tactically aware. But Micah definitely needs to carry on being himself, with a bit of jokey daftness about him. It's just his natural charisma shining through, and I hope Sky don't try and zap it out of him to become Mr boring.

For some reason, I associating him with the word video, from many moons ago, or maybe I’m getting mixed up/imagining it.

On a different note, he’s just done 3 and 1/4 hours of punditry on 5 live tonight - talk about the bbc getting their money’s worth.

Anyway, agree with the general consensus that it’s a pleasure to see him appearing on the footy coverage, be it tv or radio.

I heard it as... if Foden was going on loan it would have to be the right loan, not in a team chasing shadows etc, and that he's learning lots here... ergo there isn't likely to be a right loan for him. Not sure why people are keen to jump on Micah for it.

Also, great to see Micah on the telly. Looks like he's genuinely enjoying himself and comes across really well.
I heard it like that too. Don't think he was advocating a loan for Foden.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.