COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think that the UK should have locked down earlier because to be frank quite a few countries including Spain where I live were also prevaricating.

The problem was when lockdown was introduced in the UK it was half arsed.
It wasn’t half arsed at all, it might not have been draconian as in some countries, but the vast majority of people obeyed it and were pretty scared here. Our biggest problem was how prevalent it was throughout the UK, via the spread in London, by the time we locked down. It was only ever going one way and we haven’t done too badly in the grand scheme of things, regardless of what league table we are high up on etc, as this country and it’s inhabitants were never going to make things easy.

Gotta hope being outside really does negate this virus a lot.

Bournemouth beech today.
_113088145_mediaitem113088143.jpg

Was that really yesterday? Looks like the whole of Bournemouth must be furloughed it's busier than a weekend.

It wasn’t half arsed at all, it might not have been draconian as in some countries, but the vast majority of people obeyed it and were pretty scared here. Our biggest problem was how prevalent it was throughout the UK, via the spread in London, by the time we locked down. It was only ever going one way and we haven’t done too badly in the grand scheme of things, regardless of what league table we are high up on etc, as this country and it’s inhabitants were never going to make things easy.
I think we've handled it badly in lots of areas.
One major error - we stopped mass testing in early March.
Most of the population have observed lockdown.
Admittedly there have been some nutters but that wasn't helped by Durham Dom and mixed messages from Government.

20-20 heigdsteight from Ferguson.
There were only a few on here who said we should have locked down earlier. @Chippy_boy for one
Thank-you.

I mean, it was fucking obvious the train was coming wasn't it. Having seen what was going on in Italy, we should have been building up PPE stocks and making preparations from the beginning of March and locking down by something like March 9th.

Had we done that, I am 100% certain that (a) tens of thousands of lives would have been saved, and (b) the lockdown would have been for a much shorter period (since the lockdown period needed, is directly related to the height of the peak: It takes less time for infection rates to decline from a lower peak.)

The government has COMPLETELY fucked this up, as evidenced by us having the worst death rate per capita of ANY major country bar Belgium. Absolute dithering incompetence and confusion about herd immunity and nonsense about not wanting to lock down too soon and only when it would be most effective. Well guess what, as soon as fucking possible is when it is MOST effective. Fucking idiots.

I think we've handled it badly in lots of areas.
One major error - we stopped mass testing in early March.
Most of the population have observed lockdown.
Admittedly there have been some nutters but that wasn't helped by Durham Dom and mixed messages from Government.

add:

Hundreds of flights coming in daily unchecked from all over the world while we are all locked in our houses
Cheltenham and mass gatherings (lack of ) advice.
Press conferences from the PM using flowery , vague language , winging it and speaking Greek.
No coordinated approach across devolved Administrations , Irrespective of the politics it’s confusing to the public
the most ridiculous of all, opening primark and pubs before getting kids an education.
The PM , the Health Secretary and the main advisors all catching it early doors because they were doing press conferences and not following their own Fucking advice.

in short a shit show.

Last edited:
I find it a bit strange How the BBC would allow such a blurred photo. There was probably more than enough people on Bournemouth beach for them to make their point without exaggerating the crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.