COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems pretty low percentage here. went to tesco last week and saw maybe 3 other people wearing masks.
I visited my Mum up in Manch last weekend (I live in Bristol). I noticed a very distinct difference in mask-wearing. Here in Bristol there's quite a lot of people wearing masks in supermarkets etc. On Saturday I ventured out in Poynton to get some bits for my Mum and saw literally not a single person with a mask on. No-one at all, in shops or outside, nothing. Utter madness.

Scotland figures today very promising.

2 deaths (lowest weekday total in a while). Only 5 new cases. Second day on the run single figure new cases (it was 9 yesterday). Not happened since Mar 11.

4034 sent home from hospital cured.

826 in hospital (down 54 on yesterday).

18 in ICU (down 5 on yesterday).

I visited my Mum up in Manch last weekend (I live in Bristol). I noticed a very distinct difference in mask-wearing. Here in Bristol there's quite a lot of people wearing masks in supermarkets etc. On Saturday I ventured out in Poynton to get some bits for my Mum and saw literally not a single person with a mask on. No-one at all, in shops or outside, nothing. Utter madness.
Get the odd oldie wearing one here but barely anyone wears a mask, I’d say 1 in 50.

Interesting that given those Scottish figures are seemingly so good even compared with England that they have taken a slightly more cautious approach to ending the lockdown.

Seeing what happens in the two countries next to case numbers will be helpful

Had a negative antibody test. Downer in a sense that I'd held onto the hope of being one of those asymptomatic and carry on fine types. Now just feel so vulnerable with the restrictions being lifted. Considering I dread a vaccine just feel cornered.

I know no one really seems to fully know how this is panning out (in an anti bodies sense) but would antibodies show up if your T cells didn't even let the virus inside (so to speak)? I'm not fully sure how that works.

Three days since his positive test result and my dad has only just received a text regarding contact tracing. They told him to go online and put the information in. He's 74 and isn't internet savvy. The whole thing is a shambles.

England hospital total today not quite so good. There were 55 but only 6 from yesterday so a full week of single figure totals on the day now.

That has definitely not happened since the start of the pandemic 3 or 4 months ago.

Quite a lot of add ons for past coupe of days are the reason.

With Scotland's 2 that is 57 so far.

Last Thursday the hospital total was 62 in England and 70 all UK so todays will only be down a little.

17 of todays 55 England deaths were from the North West. The largest area sadly.

Last edited:
More on the data the last 7 on the day totals from England have been 2, 6, 7, 3, 6, 4, 6. A run you would have seen from Gelson's graph but no media will notice or mention. But it is a huge step forward even though all those totals will end up over 10 after a few days, of course.

23 June added 25 to become 29 - highest second day total in 5 days,

22 June added 13 to become 37 - highest third day total in 5 days.

21 June just added 1 to become 31 after 4 days. And 20 June 3 to become 39 after 5 days.

6 day total for 19 June is 38, Nothing else was significantly added to. Still no total deaths higher than 51 back to 11 June (two weeks) or higher than 84 back to 4 June.

There are still only 2 days over 100 (at 106 and 107) all the way back to 30 May.

Last edited:
More on the data the last 7 on the day totals from England have been 2, 6, 7, 3, 6, 4, 6. A run you would have seen from Gelson's graph but no media will notice or mention. But it is a huge step forward even though all those totals will end up over 10 after a few days, of course.

Not quite GD's graph, but this guy has a table which shows the same thing kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.