Running thread

Not ran since Monday - as most know doing couch to 5k and due to start the last week. I live in south London and each day been high 20s low 30s. Put it off on Wednesday as to be cooler on Thursday, same yesterday and set alarm for this morning, at 7.30 was 28 degrees so didn't go As only started back jogging recently don't want to go out in heat and then put myself off going out again but I am itching to get out again. Alarm will be set for morning again.

First run using my new pretend Garmin.

Stayed between 120 and 140 bpm for 6k.

Felt good.

The distance on my phone (which I'd been using up until today's run) appears to have been pretty inaccurate. Usually this route clocks in at 5k, my pretend Garmin says its 6k.

I’ve got into running this last 3 years. Just after a bit of advice I’m currently running 3 to 4 miles 3 times a week.i usually try to run these pretty much full pace so I’m at 8.15-8.30 per mile.
Would it benefit me to make one of the runs an easier/slower run? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I’ve got into running this last 3 years. Just after a bit of advice I’m currently running 3 to 4 miles 3 times a week.i usually try to run these pretty much full pace so I’m at 8.15-8.30 per mile.
Would it benefit me to make one of the runs an easier/slower run? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, but the other lads will explain it much better than me so I'll leave it to them.

Yes mate, you need to mix it up a bit otherwise you won’t improve, longer short run, medium length runs at say 75% -80% effort and a flat out one every so often, normally that’s be Park run or an actual event for me but obviously they’re all cancelled currently so it’s hard to get out and do that.
I normally run 3-4 times a week, Monday is a slowish run, Wednesday a bit more intensive, if I’m doing park run it’s flat out on a Saturday then Sunday is a LSR.
@Stuuuuuu can offer more advice, he’s the Bluemoon expert,

I think it’s Brendan Foster personally with him living up that neck of the woods.....

Yes mate, you need to mix it up a bit otherwise you won’t improve, longer short run, medium length runs at say 75% -80% effort and a flat out one every so often, normally that’s be Park run or an actual event for me but obviously they’re all cancelled currently so it’s hard to get out and do that.
I normally run 3-4 times a week, Monday is a slowish run, Wednesday a bit more intensive, if I’m doing park run it’s flat out on a Saturday then Sunday is a LSR.
@Stuuuuuu can offer more advice, he’s the Bluemoon expert,

I think it’s Brendan Foster personally with him living up that neck of the woods.....
Nah... he’s more like Salazar ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.