UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what is niggling away at me. I trust the club and believe we will be exonerated but I cannot get my head around UEFA pursuing this without taking the advice of top lawyers...

When this ban was announced back in February Gary Neville of all people said something that resonated with me in regards to Uefa. He called them an incompetent organisation and fully expected City to fight this off. They are the court of arbitration for sports biggest clients as so many of their judgments get passed up to them due to how they handle individual cases.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the bungling of this case gets everything dropped. They are going up against the City football groups lawyers who I imagine if they see anything remotely wrong with how this has been conducted it will be like a feeding frenzy too them.

Uefa want to make it look like they are doing something in regards to City as the G14 either want us out of Europe or them in their on private competition, Uefa has to keep them happy even if it’s a limp dicked attempt to try and fuck City over that eventually fails.

When this ban was announced back in February Gary Neville of all people said something that resonated with me in regards to Uefa. He called them an incompetent organisation and fully expected City to fight this off. They are the court of arbitration for sports biggest clients as so many of their judgments get passed up to them due to how they handle individual cases.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the bungling of this case gets everything dropped. They are going up against the City football groups lawyers who I imagine if they see anything remotely wrong with how this has been conducted it will be like a feeding frenzy too them.

Uefa want to make it look like they are doing something in regards to City as the G14 either want us out of Europe or them in their on private competition, Uefa has to keep them happy even if it’s a limp dicked attempt to try and fuck City over that eventually fails.

I think UEFA cases are a big share of CAS cases because there are a lot of such cases, covering multiple aspects. Very few other sporting organisations have anything like the scope that UEFA oversees.

Any cases involving lots of money will be appealed, so it's not a real surprise that the first judgement isn't always accepted.

Of course we all hope that is true but UEFA have lawyers of the same caliber as we do and they have presumably told their clients to pursue this 2 year ban.

Of course we all hope that is true but UEFA have lawyers of the same caliber as we do and they have presumably told their clients to pursue this 2 year ban.
Not sure any Organisation or even individual with the amount of hubris that the g14 show is always going to take advice from any legal team.
They have a puppet to present as UEFA and are prepared to sacrifice even a loss to get CFG buried under bad media coverage.

My point being UEFA do not make decisions its g14 crew do.

That’s what is niggling away at me. I trust the club and believe we will be exonerated but I cannot get my head around UEFA pursuing this without taking the advice of top lawyers...
It's difficult to believe but don't forget that UEFA often does very stupid things. Look at the PSG case for example. They realised PSG's sponsorships were absurd in their scale so they asked independent experts to assess the value. The experts said the values were absurd.
Then UEFA appointed a corrupt Qatari official who is also president of PSG to the main UEFA committee and ignored their own independent report. This all happened while the Qatari offical was already being investigated for World Cup bid bribery (and has since been charged)
That was clearly corrupt but also very stupid.

29th June!!!

I am struggling to get my head around the fact that there has not been a single - even tiny - leak on this.

Not especially about the formal verdict - but the levels of confidence of the 2 parties.

There are so many people that will have been involved - they all have families/mates etc. and surely there has had to have been many conversations where someone has expressed confidence/concern - but nothing....

Seems very strange to me - uncanny even - admirable perhaps, but it goes against simple human nature

Last edited:
29th June!!!

I am struggling to get my head around the fact that there has not been a single - even tiny - leak on this.

Not especially about the formal verdict - but the levels of confidence of the 2 parties.

There are so many people that will have been involved - they all have families/mates etc. and surely there has had to have ben many conversations where someone has expressed confidence/concern - but nothing....

Seems very strange to me - uncanny even - admirable perhaps, but it goes against simple human nature
I suspect UEFA and CAS employees know that the next person who even farts something about this process will trigger the biggest legal shit storm since time began. City fired a warning shot regarding this when they lodged the pre-emptive appeal with CAS and spoke about the joke that is UEFA and the sources close to the case that the meedya keep harping on about.

Unless CAS leak, which is unlikely, all is feeling and speculation so there is no story until the verdict.

I can't help thinking that the sh*tstorm that City are allegedly holding back is involved in some way. Perhaps it involves UEFA (or some part of it) and (some of) the cartel clubs, they know we're going to release it regardless so they're trying to do as much damage as possible before they all have to face the music.
I’d imagine, should we overturn the ban and be exonerated, that will be the end of it. No ‘shitstorm’, no press release, no anything, just a statement of vindication. Everyone’s a winner and we will have joined the Cartel. Hopefully we don’t go ‘full cartel’ and we are not lining up to take potshots at NUFC in 6/7 years, should their investment ambitions be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.