Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This to my mind is not nearly enough money for Leroy Sane. It should have been nearer to 80 million Euros. We Need a good CB, so tell Hayden that it is closer to the 80million Euros, or a straight swap with Sule coming to us.

Once more we have let Bayern Munich walk all over us. This same thing happened when Bayern played their dirty tricks to get Jerome Boateng. So why have we let him happen once more.

This has gone to far with Bayern Munich. The time has come to play Bayern Munich at their own game. Let's start unsettling some of their players with rumours even if they are not true.

Last edited:
For me personally I'm glad it's over. It's been over a year knowing he's leaving hopefully to see one day he had changed his mind and sign a contract. But I see your point, could you imagine if we kept him until after the Champions League finished? Written in the stars we'd play Bayern.
Don’t think we fancied him doing a Kevin Pieterson & texting his mates before any potential game, best he went now & the opportunity arose when the German window opened for a day

You know it makes sense Mikel - John Stones is the rock you can build your defence around for the next decade!

In some ways you're probably not far wrong, I think whoever buys Stones next will get a good solid prem defender.

He can pass it from the back, as has been proven but some times the ball needs to hit row Z and with Pep that isn't allowed so hence mistakes happen, going to another club will settle that matter, of course, there will be still mistakes as they are not robots but I am sad that it has gone pear-shaped at City that period before his injury at xmas he was quite possibly the best centre half in Europe, he has never recovered that form.

But Sterling has been better than Sane has for City, in terms of hard numbers and his work ethic when the goals aren’t flowing.

But it’s not relevant really, £170k a week is what he’s worth to City and I agree he’s worth no more than that.

You can quote £300k a week all day long but the minimum amount of detective work (Googling ‘Sterling new deal’) proves this is not the case;

Sterling will only earn the maximum £300,000-a-week figure if bonus clauses - which include winning the Balon d'Or - are met

So the actual reality is that he’s on £200k+ a week, which his performances have merited.

I myself had a meltdown when we sold Tevez, we replaced him with Kun. I thought ‘how will we cope without Yaya taking things in to his own hands’ - we’ve won a bucket full of trophies. Life goes on mate, he may get another ACL at Bayern and do a Hargreaves and we’ll be laughing all the way to the bank, he may perform as he has at City - hot and cold, or he may become the best player in the world - he didn’t want to sign the contract though so I wish him well and as usual, City will survive and prosper.

How is Balon D'or tied into weekly wages? Do you honestly think he's on 200k + bonus' up to 100k pw based on performances? I'm sure his base salary would be closer to 260k. Especially considering there would be clubs queuing up to pay him way more than that. But it's all relative, ie if Sane was offered 170k pw then how much of that was based on incentives as well? You can't take one offer at face value and another with * all over them.

Due to injury Sterling's stats are better but two years ago when Raz was offered (up to) 300k pw and Sané was offered 170k there was nothing between them. In fact Sané was a year younger, only in his second year in the prem and had a lot less tread on the tyres than Sterling. He also turns up in the biggest games more often than Sterling.

We can argue until the cows come home on the merits of each of them but we put ourselves in a bad position when we offered those two contracts in 2018. No agent in the land would advise you to sign that contract comparative to a teammate with similar stats.

This to my mind is not nearly enough money for Leroy Sane. It should have been nearer to 80 million Euros. We Need a good CB, so tell Hayden that it is closer to the 80million Euros, or a straight swap with Sule coming to us.

Once more we have let Bayern Munich walk all over us. This same thing happened when Bayern played their dirty tricks to get Jerome Boateng. So why have we let him happen once more.

This has gone to far with Bayern Munich. The time has come to play Bayern Munich at their own game. Let's start unsettling some of their players with rumours even if they are not true.

Factor in the savings on his wages for a year also it could be possible that he was entitled to a loyalty bonus and if we were to win the FAC and ECL then as a member of the squad even more so its not just the fee to take into account
I'm sure City will, when possible, take revenge on BM we could push up the price of any players they are looking at by showing an interest for example
The fee is reasonable considering the circumstances and we have played hard-ball with BM

Factor in the savings on his wages for a year also it could be possible that he was entitled to a loyalty bonus and if we were to win the FAC and ECL then as a member of the squad even more so its not just the fee to take into account
I'm sure City will, when possible, take revenge on BM we could push up the price of any players they are looking at by showing an interest for example
The fee is reasonable considering the circumstances and we have played hard-ball with BM

That was a decent post with some good points until you said we'd played hardball with BM. In what way have we been in any control of this situation?

If we had just paid that for a player who had been out for a year with a cruciate injury and a somewhat questionable attitude I would be concerned. He might fulfil his potential in a one team league, I hugely doubt it.
There is no evidence he’ll ever be able play again at his previous level.

I've taken the rough amount we'll get in the first payment Karen, don't see the point in thinking its 55m towards a new target when its clear it'll be a few seasons for Sane to complete the performance related add ons.

Half of what we should have got last season but we move on.
45 m upfront i think,he will only need one season to win the league and other individual targets,people are blotting out how good he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.