come on who will be in their local this weekend

Not for me, got used to having quality ale at home for a fraction of the pub price.
Plus, I don't have to endure boring feckers going on about their day at work. Most are red dippers just to top it off.

So how was your day at work today?;-)

Day at work and red dippers, is that an oxymoron or a Clarkie?

I’m booked into Riva in Hale for Thursday lunch-time. I was there most lunchtimes prior to lockdown and it was usually pretty quite - hopefully by Thursday the hype would have died down

Watch out for the wannabe milfs. You have been warned, though most will be scouring the railway for fresh meat...

Either that or getting mashed on the bowling green.

I wont be going to a pub until it is back to normal and I think that will be next year. Im not booking a slot, booking a table and ordering table service to it. In my local juicer they are prone to handing you the odd flat pint while you are stood there watching them pour it, so Im not sitting at a table waiting for one. I dont like the idea of it being poured and standing about waiting to be fetched over either, I like it to go straight from tap to glass to gob. Social distancing will go out of the window despite the best intentions of everyone. Dickheads will be giddy for a few weeks and Im out of practice at tolerating pricks now that Ive been having peace and quiet and socially distanced refreshment in the garden with my mates and neighbours. Ive also got out of the habit of paying between 3 and 4 quid for a pint when Ive been buying a box of heineken for under a tenner and really enjoying it.

"Im out of practice at tolerating pricks now"

The inconvenient result of running out of lube during lockdown?

Undecided. I was drinking in Berlin last weekend and there were basic restrictions in place. It was quite quiet.

Crappy DJ music attracts chavs but if that’s not on then I’ll see when my crowd are out and roll up. Instinct says no but I imagine I’ll break by 7pm.

No. Wait to see how it pans out. Adnam's 5 litre keg from Tesco fills an hour for 15 quid.

Actually, people love to complain when so and so pub closes down but if they’d used it more then it would never have gone out of business.

Actually, people love to complain when so and so pub closes down but if they’d used it more then it would never have gone out of business.
Simplistic sentiment. People use pubs that they like, they keep going. Shit pubs were closing all the time. This is the last generation of pub goers, it is not the social event of choice like it was.

Really not bothered, will start going when things 'normalise'. Think people are in for a shock this weekend, it will be far removed from what they are used to.

Happy to continue drinking outside, or at mine for the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.