UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right, didn’t know that.

But when we finished 5th, in 1991-92 we missed out on Europe as teams were actually back playing in Europe by then. Sheff Weds finished 3rd and got into the UEFA Cup that year but Arsenal (4th) and City (5th) didn’t.

Don’t forget the Rags won the ECWC in 1991. Teams were back in Europe by the 1990-91 season.

I've just checked again. Need to get myself a bloody life. ;).

So before the ban we were getting 4 Uefa cup places. One EC one CWC. After the ban that went down to 2 Uefa cup places. Same as now one of these was reserved for League cup winner and if league cup winner already qualified by league the place moves down the table to next highest team.

So (sigh... why on earth did I start this post ;)) with no ban and continued English success in the banned years we would not have qualified in 90-91 as Sheff Wed's won the League cup and we finished 5th. The following season we would have qualified.

Forgot the meaning of this post.

Anyway we been cleared yet? Been typing so long.

Thanks for that, I noticed you didn’t include Liverpool (can’t think why!) but I remember the commotion from the blue half of Merseyside and I think it is still referred to this day.
Yep. My Everton mate has never forgiven them. They won the CWC before the ban came down.

I've read a lot of posts arguing that the narrative has been set that even if we are cleared then it will be a technical win bought by the best lawyers. But then also say CAS is corrupt. We can't have it both ways. You either trust the process or you don't and make your mind up before they give a verdict.

I agree.
The narrative is the media narrative who preach at the unwashed. Not too much we can do about that.
Suggesting that the independent CAS is not independent based on their decision suggests a degree of mania!

I've just checked again. Need to get myself a bloody life. ;).

So before the ban we were getting 4 Uefa cup places. One EC one CWC. After the ban that went down to 2 Uefa cup places. Same as now one of these was reserved for League cup winner and if league cup winner already qualified by league the place moves down the table to next highest team.

So (sigh... why on earth did I start this post ;)) with no ban and continued English success in the banned years we would not have qualified in 90-91 as Sheff Wed's won the League cup and we finished 5th. The following season we would have qualified.

Forgot the meaning of this post.

Anyway we been cleared yet? Been typing so long.
For myself I'd say you've nailed it on the head.

I don't actually have a scooby but I'm hoping that if I agree with one of you, you'll all stop banging on about it :)

I just checked QPR qualified for the UEFA cup in 84-85 by finishing 5th the previous season.

So as long as English clubs continued to be successful in Europe we would have qualified under Reid.

Did one of the clubs above them won qualify by a different route, such as being holders of a European trophy?

Yeah, the team that replaced Everton, Steaua Bucharest, ended up winning the European Cup.

And Liverpool fans often mock the Toffees over that still at derby games today:
liverpool-banner.JPG

Classy, since it was their murdering of 39 Juventus fans that allowed that to happen.
That is a disgrace. The club has no class, Klopp’s interview last night showed that.

We need to find out asap and plan accordingly.

Our transfer plans might be totally fucked if 2 year ban stays. Every top class player we might be thinking to get would say fuck off to Txiki if we have no CL for 2 seasons and some of our current players would be thinking to leave who might not even think this otherwise.

Not mentioning the missed CL income from 1 or 2 year ban, and maybe some sponsors would question the current deals as they signed up for a strong CL club.

If we come out well and the best possible outcome happens I expect us to go big this transfer window. We do have some income decrease from matchday tickets and probably a bigger slice of income lost if season tickets cannot be sold for next season but this is the same for rivals as well, actually even more for them as Arse, United, Pool did have larger income from matchday revenue.
But still I would expect 2-3 powerful signing, 1 CB at least to the first 11 and one maybe to upgrade on Gundogan or a proper LB.

If its 2 years ban then we will have other things to worry than who we sign this summer.

10 more days and we will know.

Worried its a shit 1 year ban if CAS tries to go middle ground because for us that is horrible as well while Uefa will be able to celebrate still.

If the verdict is announced on the 13th of July wouldn't CAS send their decision to City and UEFA prior to the announcement?
If this is the case then City, and UEFA will know the verdict at the end of next week, probably Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.