UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s say we are cleared will we not have to then release our evidence. Won’t CAS release the result then the reasoning ? Will the media really cover the details ? Even if they do it could be rather technical and perhaps grey ratchet than black and white (hope not) I just cannot see CAS going full on against UEFA unless they have really really messed up

On one level it does not matter how we are cleared just that we are we won’t stop rivals believe we are guilt players will only care about the team the money and the champions league not our good name new fans will only care about glory we will only care about being cleared but at the same time it must really grate the owners and could in directly damage the brand and sponsorship. What do people think will we release our evidence ?

If they paid it to us like that then yes.
If we showed the exact money flow to CAS, like Tolmie said, it must mean it all happened correctly. That is hard to argue against, unless you have double-irrefutable proof. All signs are good in my opinion. We have to assume CAS is independent and decide based on the facts, and not on emails in which options were discussed. Talking about a deed is not punishable, only doing it, and if we can prove we have not actually done it, then we must be home and safe.

Is it possible that Cerefin really wants to break the grip of the G14? It is well known that he has been to the Etihad on more than one occasion. 'Failing' to screw City and even showing that FFP is 'wrong' would give him a huge amount of ammunition to revamp UEFA into his mould.

How so? UAE state stands behind the financial obligations of their state airline. When the UK had nationalised industries, that is how it would work.
They do and I have no problem that they do either, but from an accounts point of view, and especially FFP is looks very dodgy.

FFP in my opinion is restriction of trade, stopping investment in business should never be allowed, BUT, we signed up for it.

Is it possible that Cerefin really wants to break the grip of the G14? It is well known that he has been to the Etihad on more than one occasion. 'Failing' to screw City and even showing that FFP is 'wrong' would give him a huge amount of ammunition to revamp UEFA into his mould.
I think Ceferin is a politician, and is looking for a way to win, no matter the outcome of this case. Indeed it would appear he could take advantage of both outcomes. But being a politician I don't think he cares who wins, he only cares for himself. He will side with whatever he thinks is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.