UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got told yesterday by a united fan we were been done for 19 different things, one been £16 million given by a company that doesn’t exist for the Sterling transfer, I asked him if he knew that we were been done from something pre Sterling, blank look, I pointed out it was about the Ethiad sponsorship, blank look, then he blurted out the Sterling thing again, I just laughed at him and this guy was a copper, I did suggest that’s why he was not a detective and just on the beat.
What you describe is typical of what we've had to put up with ever since the Sheik came to City, the volume of which has got louder with each passing year and with our increasing successes.

I posted on the 'Media' thread a couple of weeks back regarding my Geordie pal and how he's been getting fed up with the hostility from both media and other fans towards his club as the takeover up there carries forward. Over the years, I've had some decent chats with him about the impressions of City he'd acquired as the media has taken pot-shots at us since our takeover. It's not that he's been negative towards us, rather that what he's picked up from the press etc has become 'fact' in his mind.

I've explained to him (and many others, many times) that the way it works is either

(a) some media johnny mistakenly makes a statement about City which is factually incorrect (and causes us Blues to go 'Wtf is THAT about?!') or
(b) the media johnny makes the statement deliberately, knowing it is factually incorrect (which causes us Blues to go mental like Gordon Ottershaw after Barnstoneworth got beaten '8-bloody-1', with our families desperately trying to stop us smashing up the china on the mantelpiece..)

Either way, the lies about City pass into lore and everyone (especially the G14 twunts and our lovely Red chums both here in the North and in London) believes them to be gospel.

And as I've said to my Geordie friend, don't expect much in the way of positive media coverage of The Toon going forward, either..

I completely agree, but with so much on the line, this will be a decision very much guided by the legal team over pride.

If there was a respectable resolution on the table whilst there was even a small chance of losing at CAS, I can guarentee it will have been under serious consideration.
Our owner has publicly been called a liar and cheat, his club's reputation hammered from one and all, enough!

WE will prove we have done nothing wrong and stop the tide of abuse that has gone on far too long.

Confusing 2 concepts. Still will be for City to show UEFA is wrong. It's an appeal.
Thank you very much for answering mate. I appreciate it must be hard to spend time explaining things to laymen like myself, when they are probably totally obvious to yourself :-)

I have to say that the system appears to be quite shitty to me. If I understand you correctly UEFA can hit us with bans and fines, founded on nothing but hearsay, following a farcial process where the outcome was given from day 1, top it up with leaking information to the media over the time of the "process" thus harming our reputation, and all we get is the chance to prove that their unjust accusations and decisions were wrong? Not much in dubio pro reo about that is my layman impression.
So based on this CAS process is it correct to say that we get nothing but a nullifying of UEFA's decision, in the best case?
What prevents UEFA from doing the whole thing again next year? Nothing I guess, or rather not CAS, as there will be no punishment for UEFA's behavior. Seems to me that if if we win at CAS, that can only be step 1. We have to take measures to protect ourselves against future attacks from UEFA.

All of the above off course assumes we do prove our innocence.

7.30 is quite clear.
If uefa maintain that City breached ffp, they must prove the facts of the breach. If they were relying on DS email facsimiles alone, they would fail. What is their other evidence?
Similarly, City's audited accounts, backed by audit trail would prove that there was no breach, provided those accounts were a true and fair record.
We will win our appeal.
All seems nice and straightforward, if I wasn't being careful I'd go for a pint in your reasoning but I'll open a can at home instead ;)

I just hope this verdict isn't delayed and we hear either way on Monday.

Same I've got Tuesday off to either go out and celebrate or sit in the corner of my room with the light off and a towel over my head necking rum. I had the same plan going through my head when we were 2-1 down vs QPR!

This thread has been a carousel of the same opinions and the same refutation. Page after page of regurgiation of the same facts, the same questions the same answers. FOR 3737 PAGES, THAT'S 37,370 POSTS of Nothing of any value or worth.

It's been good practice for when the summer transfer thread starts.

I completely agree. If we already knew we had lost then when the decision was announced wouldn't interest us. Whether it was before or after the draw, every headline would be about our ban and every CL game we played this season would have the same context. Similarly, UEFA would love nothing more than to get the verdict out there ahead of the draw. "Banned City learn their fate" would be the headlines regarding the draw, and if we were to win the CL this season most media outlets would suggest we should have been banned anyway and that it shouldn't really count. Perfect scenario for UEFA and it's supporters.

From our perspective, having a guilty verdict pre-draw would be beneficial. We can focus all talk onto winning it this season and making the most of still being in the competition. Our representatives will be in Nyom for the draw and could happily change the subject onto - we have a 2nd leg with Real and are fully focussed on this years competition. Waiting until Monday doesn't allow us to make a public display of strength in front of the media and at UEFA HQ, despite the verdict. That might get us a few headlines of "City remain upbeat despite ban". Perhaps the club would rather hide away too, but with press conferences every other day at the moment there's not really an opportunity to hide away.

A not guilty verdict being announced on Monday does however allow UEFA to hide away until the next CL/Europa draw when there might be something else to talk about. They wouldn't want Friday's proceedings to be all about our not guilty verdict with our top dogs sat grinning in the audience with their popcorn whilst Wenger, Bayern, Real and Juve sit there with a scornful look on their face. Oh and the Rags' reps for the Europa league draw.

Are we looking into this too much or do I pop the champagne?
All good theories but rather than tempt providence and pop your cork, maybe just keep it on ice until we know. That or get smashed as we are probably goosed!

Thank you very much for answering mate. I appreciate it must be hard to spend time explaining things to laymen like myself, when they are probably totally obvious to yourself :-)

I have to say that the system appears to be quite shitty to me. If I understand you correctly UEFA can hit us with bans and fines, founded on nothing but hearsay, following a farcial process where the outcome was given from day 1, top it up with leaking information to the media over the time of the "process" thus harming our reputation, and all we get is the chance to prove that their unjust accusations and decisions were wrong? Not much in dubio pro reo about that is my layman impression.
So based on this CAS process is it correct to say that we get nothing but a nullifying of UEFA's decision, in the best case?
What prevents UEFA from doing the whole thing again next year? Nothing I guess, or rather not CAS, as there will be no punishment for UEFA's behavior. Seems to me that if if we win at CAS, that can only be step 1. We have to take measures to protect ourselves against future attacks from UEFA.

All of the above off course assumes we do prove our innocence.

"UEFA can hit us with bans and fines, founded on nothing but hearsay, following a farcial process where the outcome was given from day 1, top it up with leaking information to the media over the time of the "process" thus harming our reputation, and all we get is the chance to prove that their unjust accusations and decisions were wrong?" THAT IS PRETTY MUCH HOW IT WORKS

So based on this CAS process is it correct to say that we get nothing but a nullifying of UEFA's decision, in the best case? YES (AND PERHAPS SOME OF OUR LEGAL COSTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.