UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s impressive that so many people think that City winning at CAS will somehow mean the end of FFP. It’s also surprising how few people have any idea what the case is actually about. Yesterday I was told by a well read business man that it was over misstating payments to players. Mr. Cohen mentions financial doping which I believe was a Wenger term for spending large amounts of money on players.

As far as we can tell, from the outside, our case relates to misstating the source of sponsorship funds but even at that so much of what has been reported as fact is in reality supposition and speculation.
I got told yesterday by a united fan we were been done for 19 different things, one been £16 million given by a company that doesn’t exist for the Sterling transfer, I asked him if he knew that we were been done from something pre Sterling, blank look, I pointed out it was about the Ethiad sponsorship, blank look, then he blurted out the Sterling thing again, I just laughed at him and this guy was a copper, I did suggest that’s why he was not a detective and just on the beat.

I HEARD today by a mate i see when am out shopping ????? again this is just word of mouth

that a 2 part deal has been agreed and both parties are happy ? could city ban been taken away suspended for 2 years and with city having to produce revue details and any future sponsorship deals over a 3 year period, but the uefa fine also handed will be cut in half because city was partly to blame and city admitted to the miss understandings of rules at the times

if that is true then city are still guilty and have cut a deal with the devil
Do you shop in Lausanne?

NO, the club want 100% closure from this crap.

Nothing more, nothing less.

If there was a feeling that there was a chance we would lose and it's the difference between us copping a 2 year ban and bigger fine (which would have even bigger ramifications, given we would still be guilty), what option do you think the club are going to take?

UEFA have found x, City say it is wrong because of y,z and a and even if UEFA are right the sanction is disproportionate.

UEFA say, no it is right because of b, c and d. And UEFA say the sanction is not disproportionate and that CAS have no power to change it anyway.

CAS decide.
So the burden of proof is the responsibility of both sides?

If there was a feeling that there was a chance we would lose and it's the difference between us copping a 2 year ban and bigger fine (which would have even bigger ramifications, given we would still be guilty), what option do you think the club are going to take?

If that was the case then surely we would have taken the token fine Cerifin was supposedly flouting around back in December?

It's very good news. Zero possibility that City would willingly co-ordinate with UEFA on this if we knew we had lost.

Looking at it another way, both parties do already know and UEFA would have everything to gain letting a guilty verdict be announced before Friday's draw.

I don't subscribe to the theory they wouldn't want anything being taken away from the actual draw, it would be the ultimate demonstration from UEFA to the lobbying clubs that they have put us back in our box.

City would also want to get their version out in the knowledge of a guilty verdict.

I completely agree. If we already knew we had lost then when the decision was announced wouldn't interest us. Whether it was before or after the draw, every headline would be about our ban and every CL game we played this season would have the same context. Similarly, UEFA would love nothing more than to get the verdict out there ahead of the draw. "Banned City learn their fate" would be the headlines regarding the draw, and if we were to win the CL this season most media outlets would suggest we should have been banned anyway and that it shouldn't really count. Perfect scenario for UEFA and it's supporters.

From our perspective, having a guilty verdict pre-draw would be beneficial. We can focus all talk onto winning it this season and making the most of still being in the competition. Our representatives will be in Nyom for the draw and could happily change the subject onto - we have a 2nd leg with Real and are fully focussed on this years competition. Waiting until Monday doesn't allow us to make a public display of strength in front of the media and at UEFA HQ, despite the verdict. That might get us a few headlines of "City remain upbeat despite ban". Perhaps the club would rather hide away too, but with press conferences every other day at the moment there's not really an opportunity to hide away.

A not guilty verdict being announced on Monday does however allow UEFA to hide away until the next CL/Europa draw when there might be something else to talk about. They wouldn't want Friday's proceedings to be all about our not guilty verdict with our top dogs sat grinning in the audience with their popcorn whilst Wenger, Bayern, Real and Juve sit there with a scornful look on their face. Oh and the Rags' reps for the Europa league draw.

Are we looking into this too much or do I pop the champagne?

If that was the case then surely we would have taken the token fine Cerifin was supposedly flouting around back in December?

We hadn't been punished then, nor had we gone through the entire court process at CAS and have a good idea about both sides arguments etc. Perhaps UEFA came to us with a much more respectable deal following the strength of our arguments?

This is just a rumour and i'm not putting any stock into it, but us coming to an agreement with UEFA post CAS (which is something the latter actively encourages) wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world as there is always a chance we lose and the damage that could cause is far greater than us taking a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.