UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Pep is going to tell it as it is when he gives his views on this whole process, as you say dynamite...

Hope he says at other clubs I managed I was blinkered by Uefa and certain clubs power to there own ends.

I expect a dead bat response though if we get a positive result.

If you are innocent, accepting any settlement is acknowledging guilt.

If you, me or anyone else on this forum was wrongly charged in a criminal matter, for something that they were innocent of, I can guarantee that 99.5% of us wouldn’t accept a lesser punishment. You wouldn’t accept any punishment at all because even if it’s a £1 fine, you’re admitting guilt.

That puts the power completely in UEFAs hands; ‘you’ve accepted 2 fines for FFP breaches, as it’s now the third time we are charging you, the punishment will be a 5 year CL ban and £100m fine’
You really can not guarantee that at all. I know we’d all like to believe that’s true but it really isn’t.
In the USA for example, 97% of people convicted of a federal crime do not go to trial and plead guilty. Now, there are many people who plead guilty but who insist they are innocent and, they’ve either got an extraordinary police force or that is very true.

Doesn't USA have a "no contest" plea, where you can accept a punishment without admitting guilt.

I've just not been hearing a lack of positiveness since the CAS hearing took place. Our counsel will be highly-skilled enough to ascertain the probabilities in the immediate aftermath.

Even in the last couple of days, believing City have now been informed, the message hasn't changed.

My own take.
Do you know that City have been 'informed'?

You really can not guarantee that at all. I know we’d all like to believe that’s true but it really isn’t.
In the USA for example, 97% of people convicted of a federal crime do not go to trial and plead guilty. Now, there are many people who plead guilty but who insist they are innocent and, they’ve either got an extraordinary police force or that is very true.
Second time the US justice system has come up.

This is the same country where you get 20 years for having a bit of bud on you, get shot by the police for literally doing nothing wrong in some instances, get put on the sex offender register for pissing in public or sleeping with your girlfriend when your both under 18.

They have one of the shittest judicial systems in the world.

If you are innocent, accepting any settlement is acknowledging guilt.

If you, me or anyone else on this forum was wrongly charged in a criminal matter, for something that they were innocent of, I can guarantee that 99.5% of us wouldn’t accept a lesser punishment. You wouldn’t accept any punishment at all because even if it’s a £1 fine, you’re admitting guilt.

That puts the power completely in UEFAs hands; ‘you’ve accepted 2 fines for FFP breaches, as it’s now the third time we are charging you, the punishment will be a 5 year CL ban and £100m fine’
We accepted the settlement in 2014 and stated that it was on no admission of guilt. This isn't a criminal court we're talking about.

FWIW the settlement agreement expressly stated we made no admission in respect of the breaches

"[The Settlement Agreement] specifies that MCFC did not admit to be in breach of the UEFA CL&FFPR." para 6 of https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Award_CAS_6298_internet.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.