UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think City will just settle for winning this? After UEFA have dragged the club through the mud damaging the brand? First crack in the armour us winning this with more to follow.
Yes, think they will settle, not sure they want to see ffp dismantled.

I can't understand the focus on what opposition fans & the media say about us tbh.

For most of my almost 60 years of match going opposition fans generally either couldn't give a rats arse about us, said we were their second team or took the piss (Rags). That was because for the most part we were SHITE. We were ignored by the media for the same reason.

I love their salty tears now as we are up there WINNING things and they don't like it.

Let the salty tears flow like a torrent for many years to come.

I think this would be an accurate analysis absent the new found power and influence of social media presence and credibility (as oxymoronic as that last phrase is).

The “I was given incorrect information”, even if true, just does not have the weight or associated understanding it once did. Even Sam Lee, much more prominent generally (on social media and otherwise) than Cheeseman, to some extent is still trying to move past getting the original UEFA ruling so wrong.

I am among those that think Social Media has been one of the death nails of real journalism, but I will not argue against it’s unfortunately crushing relevance now for anyone that wants to have any sort of successful presence/career in media.

I think Cheesy, who is in the twilight of his career but does still need income, is risking quite a bit more than some people think. But, as we have said before, he may have genuine high-confidence information or he just felt the gambit was well worth it.

I agree with the click bait killing real journalism; sadly. However I stand by the opinion that it’s a calculated gamble for him

What is this friggin Hogwarts ?
giphy.gif

As for cheese man - I’ve taken bigger professional gambles than 50/50 before most won, some lost.

I can see someone with not much to lose (with the caveat that the source was wrong) taking the gamble - if he’s right then he is strong and back in the game reporting.

If he is wrong - he was given incorrect I formation.

Not much of a gamble if you ask me.

it’s a gamble when you stand in the away end with 3000 people you have pissed off, if it was a punt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.