UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the beginning of the end for FFP if it is true we have won. The whole thing was bent to begin with. How dare a well run, debt free club spend it's own money?!!
That doesn't follow, ffp isn’t in question here, whether our submissions 6 years ago were true is.

Anyone who thinks us winning the appeal will change opposition fans opinion of us should take a good read over on Redcafe, just a bitter biased load of bollocks.
Try rawk - even if Cheesy is talking bollocks it's fucking ruined their weekend :-)

I have been thinking about the postponement of our announcement to July 13th. Why would City agree with UEFA? Is there a possibility that we might have agreed on the condition that the result should be conveyed to us like it should have been if it was announced on July 10th? So technically speaking, both us and UEFA may have known the verdict possibly on Thursday or even Wednesday. Or am I wide off the mark?
Why not?
City are still involved in the ECL and have a vested interest in ensuring maximum publicity

Not gunna lie if a press management position ever comes up at City I’m applying. Nothing would give me greater joy in life than handling these scumbags on behalf of City.

so true haha i would fly over the table and punch the first guy on day one

Last edited:
As for cheese man - I’ve taken bigger professional gambles than 50/50 before most won, some lost.

I can see someone with not much to lose (with the caveat that the source was wrong) taking the gamble - if he’s right then he is strong and back in the game reporting.

If he is wrong - he was given incorrect I formation.

Not much of a gamble if you ask me.
I think this would be an accurate analysis absent the new found power and influence of social media presence and credibility (as oxymoronic as that last phrase is).

The “I was given incorrect information”, even if true, just does not have the weight or associated understanding it once did. Even Sam Lee, much more prominent generally (on social media and otherwise) than Cheeseman, to some extent is still trying to move past getting the original UEFA ruling so wrong.

I am among those that think Social Media has been one of the death nails of real journalism, but I will not argue against it’s unfortunately crushing relevance now for anyone that wants to have any sort of successful presence/career in media.

I think Cheesy, who is in the twilight of his career but does still need income, is risking quite a bit more than some people think. But, as we have said before, he may have genuine high-confidence information or he just felt the gambit was well worth it.

That doesn't follow, ffp isn’t in question here, whether our submissions 6 years ago were true is.

You think City will just settle for winning this? After UEFA have dragged the club through the mud damaging the brand? First crack in the armour us winning this with more to follow.

Anyone who thinks us winning the appeal will change opposition fans opinion of us should take a good read over on Redcafe, just a bitter biased load of bollocks.

Did have a look before and they are clueless.

My fav though was the poster who called us plastics in every post.

His location. Austria hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.