30 for 30 Year of the Scab

Blue Maverick

another great documentary by ESPN, begs the question what would you do, if Premier league players went on strike but you got the call to play for City but as a scab player, would you?
Personally I could never cross a picket line, I’ve been on strike twice and just couldn’t.

I was on strike for 16 months in Dover in the 1988 seaman's dispute. It was an eye opener, not only just what you are up against, particularly in that era, but the character of people who scab a strike. A different breed lacking a certain something. You are betraying people you call friends and siding with a company that will throw you to the wolves as soon as you've served your purpose. Years later I was forced to work with some and every single one was selfish and self serving and would shop you to the bosses and company for the slightest thing. A few struggled to live with the fact they scabbed but these were not many, indeed some were proud they had.

I never scabbed a strike and never would.

If you are a member and a strike vote is won you strike or you are a ****

If you are not a member then no ill will is given.

If you are noyta normal staff member and take a paid days job to take up the slack you are a scab
Again, it all depends on circumstances. If you totally disagree with the union, you should be able to leave it and work if you wish and it’s no one else’s business if you do.

Of course there will be occasions also, where it’s the shitty thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.