30 for 30 Year of the Scab

Again, it all depends on circumstances. If you totally disagree with the union, you should be able to leave it and work if you wish and it’s no one else’s business if you do.

Of course there will be occasions also, where it’s the shitty thing to do.

If you leave it before the strike and work that isn't an issue, if you are in it you strike.

If you leave it before the strike and work that isn't an issue, if you are in it you strike.
So you’re in the union, say as an essential worker, the union, in your opinion, is asking for an excessive pay rise and there’s a vote on the strike. The vote comes in to strike and you know it will put a big strain on the public.

You think fuck this I’m off and you quit the union and carry on working.

Is this person a scab who wants flogging by the mob?

So you’re in the union, say as an essential worker, the union, in your opinion, is asking for an excessive pay rise and there’s a vote on the strike. The vote comes in to strike and you know it will put a big strain on the public.

I already answered that in my last post

If there is a strike you dont cross a picket, that simple, if we had a player that did then he/she could fuck off
Never be a robot. Robots can’t think for themselves; humans can.

If you don’t agree with the reason or timing of a strike, everyone should have the choice to think for themselves and make the choice to carry on working if they want to and have good reasons to justify it. And nobody should have a bad word to say about those people.

Anyone taking issue with those people lack the understanding that not everybody thinks the same. You don’t hear people who have disagreed with strikes coming out with a name for those who follow strikes just through social norming, peer pressure and fear of being called names or having a hammer thrown at their head. My Dad worked on building sites in the 70s when there were numerous strikes and he saw coach loads of blokes turning up to sites throwing tools, stones or bricks at “scabs” and threatening physical harm to the families of men who didn’t go on strike. That says more about the blokes turning up on the bus than it does about the “scabs”.

Humans think differently to each other, even those who live in the same situations living through the same problems. That’s what makes humans a successful species. If everyone just followed the same train of thought or didn’t have the personal strength of individual thought leading to individual choice away from peer pressure, our species wouldn’t be as successful has it has been on the last 120,000 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never be a robot. Robots can’t think for themselves; humans can.

If you don’t agree with the reason or timing of a strike, everyone should have the choice to think for themselves and make the choice to carry on working if they want to and have good reasons to justify it. And nobody should have a bad word to say about those people.

Anyone taking issue with those people lack the understanding that not everybody thinks the same. You don’t hear people who have disagreed with strikes coming out with a name for those who follow strikes just through social norming, peer pressure and fear of being called names or having a hammer thrown at their head. My Dad worked on building sites in the 70s when there were numerous strikes and he saw coach loads of blokes turning up to sites throwing tools, stones or bricks at “scabs” and threatening physical harm to the families of men who didn’t go on strike. That says more about the blokes turning up on the bus than it does about the “scabs”.

Humans think differently to each other, even those who live in the same situations living through the same problems. That’s what makes humans a successful species. If everyone just followed the same train of thought or didn’t have the personal strength of individual thought leading to individual choice away from peer pressure, our species wouldn’t be as successful has it has been on the last 120,000 years.

It has fuck all to do with being a robot, if a strike is considered it is voted on and democratic, if the vote is against a strike you don't just have one anyway even if you voted for it, you respect the decission of your brothers and sisters
If the vote goes in favour of a strike you also repsect the democratic decission of the majority and support your brothers and sister in action.

If you are not a union member you don't have to strike and won't be slagged for it.

If the steike is long teem and you take on a strikers job then you get called a scab.

You can choose what to do but also respect the institutions you decide to be a member off or leave.

Last edited:

No, but they should not receive any further improvements in pay or conditions won by the union.

No, but they should not receive any further improvements in pay or conditions won by the union.
That’s just ridiculous because you’d then be doing the same job as your colleagues for less money, despite the fact you actually worked during the strike.

Unions have a purpose but there’s a reason people get fed up with some of them.

They have a tendency to become cult like and they hold others to ransom.

This for me is the fundamental flaw in it all, I know people who have worked through strikes and are now going to reap the benefits of what I lost and what I pay a union for, they should be treated differently and negotiate their own pay Deals/pensions, they should not get anything won by others hardship, if you do you will always be a scab and treated as such.

That’s just ridiculous because you’d then be doing the same job as your colleagues for less money, despite the fact you actually worked during the strike.

Unions have a purpose but there’s a reason people get fed up with some of them.

They have a tendency to become cult like and they hold others to ransom.
Then go and renegotiate your rates then, a union represents us and if they win they do it for those members if not, tough shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.