Welcome to the Diabetic Thread...

And just for clarification, Doc, I wasn't having a pop, although it sounded so. I have come across a few that have had to open books to read more about stuff in front of me about my questions! So, forgive the reply, in that instance!

I've read into everything I'm doing and I'm taking thing cautiously, thus trialing slight combos, levels and frequency. As I've said the need to eat has dissipated somewhat, which is either the ginger or the gourd properties (maybe both?).

As you've seen I have posted a number of studies just to glance at and maybe you could examine them, giving your opinion on whether these are genuine or horseshit!

Perhaps you could incorporate this study yourself? Doesn't ginger have properties to decrease swelling in the body?

Thanks for the response!

no worries fella. I’ll have a more in-depth look at some point.

We are essentially coming from the same point diet plays a massive part in managing diabetes.

Thanks for the thread Bigga - ill check out that Bitter Gourd (or Melon)/ Karela juice and see if i can source some. Seems very rare.

I became Type 1 auto immune Diabetic in June following my Pancreas failing due to some ongoing Immunotherapy treatment i was having for Cancer. The first i noticed before being diagnosed is my vision got really bad over a few days and was very thirsty.

I take Noverapid 3 times a day and Lantus and seems to be really helping - gained 7-10kg in the last 6 weeks.

Looking forward to hear any advise or tips.

Join the Low Carb Programme https://www.lowcarbprogram.com. Full of useful stuff. I was diagnosed with T2 just over ayear ago and went on the DESMOND Diabetic Education course, which was very useful. It's amazing how much sugar is in things you think are healthy, such as orange juice, rasisins and other stuff.

I halved my HbA1c count in 3 months by a low calorie/low carb diet and exercise and lost nearly 2st in 6 months.

Last edited:
It can be a little scary when they start you on meds and not ideal that you can’t see a doctor yet. But the best results happen when a patient has self educated sensibly

I usually send patients to https://www.diabetes.co.uk/

and get them to look particularly at the low carb advice. It’s one of the quickest way of reversing diabetes Or certainly controlling your sugars which is what does the long term damage.
Been on there and it looks very similar to the old Atkins diet if I am not mistaken

Interesting observation for day 5:

I've always had issues holding water since I started this diabetic stage of my life. It's been on and off depending on where I am diet-wise, at times, or simply because my body needs to release the water.

Two days ago, I fleetingly noticed I hadn't been to the toilet for hours and I put it down to not drinking enough water, but then yesterday I chugged a load as it was hot and I was outside working on my brother's grave (after 4 months due to COVID).

I left out at 1030 and returned at somewhere between 1630 and 1700. I'd had over a litre of water and still not felt the need to pass it. When I do it's straight out with no issues!

I assume this is the same for pre-diabetes? I have been told I'm pre-diabetic (runs in the family) so I've cut out white bread, white rice and pasta etc. I don't have mango or anything like that. I dont think I eat that bad to be honest but I think I could definitely do more. Drinking is probably the biggest thing for me to cut out, but I'm struggling to do that.
If you eat nuts whilst you are drinking it will help with your blood sugar levels

Had a lot of Health issues over the last 18 months finally diagnosed type 2 diabetics 2 weeks ago all seems to fit tbh had a chat with nurse on phone and meds sent direct to chemist unfortunately can't see Dr, or nurse in person as they are still in hiding and the education course is on hold due to covid so very much in the dark any info would be good.
Would a video call to your Dr may be a option unless you need to actually go in person.
I did one last week from iPhone and think it could be the way now for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.