Welcome to the Diabetic Thread...

Would a video call to your Dr may be a option unless you need to actually go in person.
I did one last week from iPhone and think it could be the way now for a while.
Video not an option at my practice yet got a follow up call booked with nurse in a fortnight to check how I have reacted to tablets also full suite of bloods again next week so those results will be back by then. So moving along tbf.

I've been Type 2 for about 10 years. I read a lot about people reversing their condition through various diet plans. My doctor won't even consider the possibility of reducing my tablet intake (Statin, Metformin, Aspirin & Potassium). At the clinic, I ask my diabetic if I can try a diet plan and go pill-free for 6 months, my weight, cholesterol and sugar levels are under control but I'm told "It's the tablet doing that, not me".

I've been Type 2 for about 10 years. I read a lot about people reversing their condition through various diet plans. My doctor won't even consider the possibility of reducing my tablet intake (Statin, Metformin, Aspirin & Potassium). At the clinic, I ask my diabetic if I can try a diet plan and go pill-free for 6 months, my weight, cholesterol and sugar levels are under control but I'm told "It's the tablet doing that, not me".

That's really interesting! What diet are you on now, can I ask?

I, once, was diabetes free at one point and the doc asked what I did. I told her I just cut out a lot of shit. Subsequently I went back to my poor diet, thinking I had beaten it and here I am again! That was around 11 years ago, mind, when my body could still react better!

I want to come off my statin and did for a bit a couple of years ago, but was poor with my diet and had to return to it.

I'm aiming to come off them when I get my diet change under control. I last weighed 13st, which is around the acceptable zone for my height. I haven't weighed in a month though, so I'm due to. Hopefully I'm down a bit more, but I've been bodyweight training too, so maybe some conversion of fat to muscle.

Who knows?

Ive been on the diabetic version of the speed awareness course. i think I could have played for City but they would have said yer sugar level is disturbing us! Exercise, weight loss (this is the hard bit) and diet. I got Michael Moseley's book on the subject where D2 seems to be controlled by nothing more than losing weight. I've just come off the scales and if I were 7ft 6in instead of 5ft 8in I'd be well within the parameters of medical acceptability. I also purchased his wife's book of suitable recipes but there isn't one that seems compatible with a North Manchester upbringing - dripping butties, bread 'n chips, meat 'n potato pies. I soldier on just keeping on the right side of the line.

Keto works wonders for Type II diabetes, the issue is largely more a insulin resistance issue which keto (done right) impacts.

If you’re after something more drastic, something lot quicker. Whether you’re impatient or it’s pivotal to your health to lose the weight and positively impact both your glucose level and insulin resistance, I urge you to try Lipotrim.

It is best described as a very low calorie shake diet. I’m not into trying to convince people, or argue about the benefits vs risks, I’d urge you to do some research or better yet, try it for yourself. This product has changed many lives in my family and more than that, has helped them get confident, healthier and has provided a platform for them to change their diets forever. No more pills (generally metformin plus some BP tabs), no more mood swings, no more worrying.

Appreciate I sound like a salesman there but I believe in this so much and have been so greatful to it over the years, I wish everyone knew about it and Doctora actively “prescribed” it; though I think the health system would lose far too much money.

lipotrim.co.uk

Good luck all in your personal journeys, it’s a bastard of a disease, but beatable.

What do people on here eat for breakfast ?
My weight isn’t an issue,, I’m type 2 , 20 years and counting.. I either have marmite on toast, seedy bread or a nutty muesli with full cream milk ... Tried it with yoghurt but pretty sure that had a bad effect on my sugar levels .. For me anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.